Jay-Z Denies Demonic Symbolism in 'On to the Next One' Video
Soon after Jay-Z's "On to the Next One" video which features Swizz Beatz was premiered, rumor swirled suggesting the rapper was paying homage to Illuminati community. In a recent radio interview, Jay-Z who was recently ranked by Forbes as top-earning artist along with his wife Beyonce Knowles was quick to deny such allegation.
"I got a lot of money," he told Power 105.1 radio host Ed Lover on Wednesday, January 13. "When people get a lot of money, they start getting those rumors like Tom Cruise, Will Smith. That's ridiculous." He added, "That's crazy to me. I gotta remind people I'm from Marcy Projects. I can't get into a golf club in Palm Springs."
In the same tone, his collaborator Swizz Beatz told MTV, "I don't think about that. I know that's a billion percent not true. The video displays another level of art and creativity from two great minds: the director and Jay - and myself, bringing the collaboration together."
"It's no satanic ways around me and that's for sure. I'm with Jay - I never see none of that stuff around him unless he's hiding something, which I doubt. C'mon, man. That's silly stuff. That stuff you don't even comment on; we on to the next one."
Directed by Sam Brown, "On to the Next One" music video was debuted on January 1 and features cameo from Young Jeezy. Sam also dismissed the demonic rumor explaining to Vibe, "I'm aware of the stir the video has caused and what people are saying. I think when you're dealing in abstract imagery people are going to want to draw lines between things and make sense of it."
"However, I've always felt that the viewing public was, in general, extremely visually literate. They don't always want or need things to be spelled out for them. One of the great things about music videos are they can be enjoyed purely visually - it doesn't need to mean anything or make any sense."
"Conspiracy theory is another thing entirely, and seems to me to be about projecting pre-existing beliefs and desperately looking for things that confirm them. There is imagery in this video that is drawn from all over the place. None of it is owned by any one culture or belief system. You can connect anything if you try hard enough, and make it mean anything you want it to."
More Jay-Z News
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date