Matt LeBlanc's 'Episodes' Gets First Preview
In some kind of twisted story, Matt LeBlanc is auditioning for a part to play Matt LeBlanc in new Showtime series "Episodes". The process of getting the role is captured in the first sneak peek to the comedy which may be looking at a premiere in Fall.
LeBlanc plays himself and his agent tells him to do the formality of attending the audition of a new series which will focus on him. He walks into the waiting room only to find several actors dressing like him and practicing the line "How you doin'?", a catchphrase which became his "Friends" character's trademark. In the end the casting directors say he is not the best they have auditioned.
The story goes as follow, "When a successful British husband-and-wife comedy team are lured by Hollywood to produce a new version of their hit series for a stateside audience, they're initially thrilled at the prospects. But they soon realize what the American execs have in store for their precious show - including replacing the erudite British lead with the quintessential comedy star, Matt LeBlanc - and begin to sink deeper into the quicksand that is the TV business."
"Episodes" was penned by "Friends" co-creator David Crane and Jeffrey Klarik. "I am so glad I got the part. Seeing someone else play Matt LeBlanc would have been devastating," LeBlanc said previously.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation