Matt LeBlanc's 'Episodes' Gets First Preview
In some kind of twisted story, Matt LeBlanc is auditioning for a part to play Matt LeBlanc in new Showtime series "Episodes". The process of getting the role is captured in the first sneak peek to the comedy which may be looking at a premiere in Fall.
LeBlanc plays himself and his agent tells him to do the formality of attending the audition of a new series which will focus on him. He walks into the waiting room only to find several actors dressing like him and practicing the line "How you doin'?", a catchphrase which became his "Friends" character's trademark. In the end the casting directors say he is not the best they have auditioned.
The story goes as follow, "When a successful British husband-and-wife comedy team are lured by Hollywood to produce a new version of their hit series for a stateside audience, they're initially thrilled at the prospects. But they soon realize what the American execs have in store for their precious show - including replacing the erudite British lead with the quintessential comedy star, Matt LeBlanc - and begin to sink deeper into the quicksand that is the TV business."
"Episodes" was penned by "Friends" co-creator David Crane and Jeffrey Klarik. "I am so glad I got the part. Seeing someone else play Matt LeBlanc would have been devastating," LeBlanc said previously.
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors