Peter Sarsgaard May Join 'Green Lantern' as Villain
Peter Sarsgaard is touted to join Martin Campbell's "Green Lantern". He is now in negotiations to play the villain in the big-budget movie that is also starred by Ryan Reynolds as the DC Comics superhero.
According to THR, Sarsgaard will play an antagonist role named Dr. Hector Hammond, the pathologist son of a senator who is seen as a disappointment in his father's eyes. He becomes infused with psychic powers when he discovers a meteor.
The movie adapted from classic superhero comics puts Ryan Reynolds in the leading role of Hal Jordan, the test pilot who finds a spacecraft going down with a dying alien that gets by him with a powerful ring. Later, it will make him one of the members of Green Lanterns, an interstellar police force. Jordan's love interest is Carol Ferris, played by the "Gossip Girl" star Blake Lively.
The movie is planned to start filming in March in New Orleans, as one of the Warner Bros' projects. It will be released on June 17, 2011 in U.S.
The 38-year-old Sarsgaard previously starred in the British drama "An Education" as the opposite of Carey Mulligan. He also played in the upcoming action comedy film "Knight & Day" together with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.
More Green Lantern News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked