Peter Sarsgaard May Join 'Green Lantern' as Villain
Peter Sarsgaard is touted to join Martin Campbell's "Green Lantern". He is now in negotiations to play the villain in the big-budget movie that is also starred by Ryan Reynolds as the DC Comics superhero.
According to THR, Sarsgaard will play an antagonist role named Dr. Hector Hammond, the pathologist son of a senator who is seen as a disappointment in his father's eyes. He becomes infused with psychic powers when he discovers a meteor.
The movie adapted from classic superhero comics puts Ryan Reynolds in the leading role of Hal Jordan, the test pilot who finds a spacecraft going down with a dying alien that gets by him with a powerful ring. Later, it will make him one of the members of Green Lanterns, an interstellar police force. Jordan's love interest is Carol Ferris, played by the "Gossip Girl" star Blake Lively.
The movie is planned to start filming in March in New Orleans, as one of the Warner Bros' projects. It will be released on June 17, 2011 in U.S.
The 38-year-old Sarsgaard previously starred in the British drama "An Education" as the opposite of Carey Mulligan. He also played in the upcoming action comedy film "Knight & Day" together with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos
- 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson