Peter Sarsgaard May Join 'Green Lantern' as Villain
Peter Sarsgaard is touted to join Martin Campbell's "Green Lantern". He is now in negotiations to play the villain in the big-budget movie that is also starred by Ryan Reynolds as the DC Comics superhero.
According to THR, Sarsgaard will play an antagonist role named Dr. Hector Hammond, the pathologist son of a senator who is seen as a disappointment in his father's eyes. He becomes infused with psychic powers when he discovers a meteor.
The movie adapted from classic superhero comics puts Ryan Reynolds in the leading role of Hal Jordan, the test pilot who finds a spacecraft going down with a dying alien that gets by him with a powerful ring. Later, it will make him one of the members of Green Lanterns, an interstellar police force. Jordan's love interest is Carol Ferris, played by the "Gossip Girl" star Blake Lively.
The movie is planned to start filming in March in New Orleans, as one of the Warner Bros' projects. It will be released on June 17, 2011 in U.S.
The 38-year-old Sarsgaard previously starred in the British drama "An Education" as the opposite of Carey Mulligan. He also played in the upcoming action comedy film "Knight & Day" together with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding