Peter Sarsgaard May Join 'Green Lantern' as Villain
Peter Sarsgaard is touted to join Martin Campbell's "Green Lantern". He is now in negotiations to play the villain in the big-budget movie that is also starred by Ryan Reynolds as the DC Comics superhero.
According to THR, Sarsgaard will play an antagonist role named Dr. Hector Hammond, the pathologist son of a senator who is seen as a disappointment in his father's eyes. He becomes infused with psychic powers when he discovers a meteor.
The movie adapted from classic superhero comics puts Ryan Reynolds in the leading role of Hal Jordan, the test pilot who finds a spacecraft going down with a dying alien that gets by him with a powerful ring. Later, it will make him one of the members of Green Lanterns, an interstellar police force. Jordan's love interest is Carol Ferris, played by the "Gossip Girl" star Blake Lively.
The movie is planned to start filming in March in New Orleans, as one of the Warner Bros' projects. It will be released on June 17, 2011 in U.S.
The 38-year-old Sarsgaard previously starred in the British drama "An Education" as the opposite of Carey Mulligan. He also played in the upcoming action comedy film "Knight & Day" together with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media