'Everybody's Fine' and 'Precious' Land 2010 GLAAD Media Nods
On Wednesday, January 13, Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation has revealed their list of nominations for 21st Annual GLAAD Media Awards. Based on the announcement, it has been known that "Everybody's Fine" has a chance to become a winner as it is nominated for Outstanding Film - Wide Release gong.
The Robert De Niro and Drew Barrymore-starring drama comedy will be up against Lee Daniels' drama "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire". Also among the contenders in the same category are "A Single Man", "I Love You, Man" and "Taking Woodstock".
Additionally, the event will also give prize for Outstanding Film - Limited Release category. Among the nominees are "Little Ashes" starring Robert Pattinson, Spanish language film "Casi Divas", "The Country Teacher", Felicity Huffman's "Phoebe in Wonderland" and "The Secrets".
"Words and images matter," said GLAAD President Jarrett Barrios on the importance of the event. "With these awards, we seek to recognize news coverage and entertainment programming that go beyond stock stereotypes with LGBT storylines that more fully reflect the challenges gay and transgender people face and the aspirations we hold for ourselves and our families."
The 2010 GLAAD Media Awards ceremonies will be held in New York on March 13, 2010 at the Marriott Marquis and in Los Angeles on April 17 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza. The event will, additionally, take place in San Francisco on June 5 at The Westin St. Francis.
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'It' Teaser and Poster Are Released Ahead of Official Teaser Trailer
- Zayn Malik Dyes His Hair Green. See His Wild Makeover
- Taylor Swift Laughs Off Rumors of Her Missing. Find Out Where She's Been
- 'American Horror Story' 7th Installment Casts Billy Eichner
- T.I. 'Begged' Tiny to Sleep Together Again Amid Reports They Reconcile
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian