Mary J. Blige Set to Headline 2010 Essence Music Festival
Mary J. Blige has been announced as one of the headliners at this year's Essence Music Festival. The "Stronger With Each Tear" singer, who has sung at the event for eight times with the last one in 2008, will be performing at the annual festivity on July 2 in New Orleans.
"We're thrilled to have Mary J. Blige on board for this year's Essence Music Festival," Michelle Ebanks, president of Essence Communications Inc., said in a statement. "Her history with the Essence brand, both with the festival and the magazine, makes her a great spokesperson for this year's festival and we're looking forward to working with her over the next few months."
2010 Essence Music Fest is aimed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Essence Magazine. Previous musical guests included Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Beyonce Knowles, Jamie Foxx, John Legend, Kanye West, Lionel Richie, Maxwell, Prince, Stevie Wonder and Toni Braxton.
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne