Mary J. Blige Set to Headline 2010 Essence Music Festival
Mary J. Blige has been announced as one of the headliners at this year's Essence Music Festival. The "Stronger With Each Tear" singer, who has sung at the event for eight times with the last one in 2008, will be performing at the annual festivity on July 2 in New Orleans.
"We're thrilled to have Mary J. Blige on board for this year's Essence Music Festival," Michelle Ebanks, president of Essence Communications Inc., said in a statement. "Her history with the Essence brand, both with the festival and the magazine, makes her a great spokesperson for this year's festival and we're looking forward to working with her over the next few months."
2010 Essence Music Fest is aimed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Essence Magazine. Previous musical guests included Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Beyonce Knowles, Jamie Foxx, John Legend, Kanye West, Lionel Richie, Maxwell, Prince, Stevie Wonder and Toni Braxton.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image