Mary J. Blige Set to Headline 2010 Essence Music Festival
Mary J. Blige has been announced as one of the headliners at this year's Essence Music Festival. The "Stronger With Each Tear" singer, who has sung at the event for eight times with the last one in 2008, will be performing at the annual festivity on July 2 in New Orleans.
"We're thrilled to have Mary J. Blige on board for this year's Essence Music Festival," Michelle Ebanks, president of Essence Communications Inc., said in a statement. "Her history with the Essence brand, both with the festival and the magazine, makes her a great spokesperson for this year's festival and we're looking forward to working with her over the next few months."
2010 Essence Music Fest is aimed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Essence Magazine. Previous musical guests included Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Beyonce Knowles, Jamie Foxx, John Legend, Kanye West, Lionel Richie, Maxwell, Prince, Stevie Wonder and Toni Braxton.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage