Mary J. Blige Set to Headline 2010 Essence Music Festival
Mary J. Blige has been announced as one of the headliners at this year's Essence Music Festival. The "Stronger With Each Tear" singer, who has sung at the event for eight times with the last one in 2008, will be performing at the annual festivity on July 2 in New Orleans.
"We're thrilled to have Mary J. Blige on board for this year's Essence Music Festival," Michelle Ebanks, president of Essence Communications Inc., said in a statement. "Her history with the Essence brand, both with the festival and the magazine, makes her a great spokesperson for this year's festival and we're looking forward to working with her over the next few months."
2010 Essence Music Fest is aimed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Essence Magazine. Previous musical guests included Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Beyonce Knowles, Jamie Foxx, John Legend, Kanye West, Lionel Richie, Maxwell, Prince, Stevie Wonder and Toni Braxton.
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!