Mary J. Blige Set to Headline 2010 Essence Music Festival
Mary J. Blige has been announced as one of the headliners at this year's Essence Music Festival. The "Stronger With Each Tear" singer, who has sung at the event for eight times with the last one in 2008, will be performing at the annual festivity on July 2 in New Orleans.
"We're thrilled to have Mary J. Blige on board for this year's Essence Music Festival," Michelle Ebanks, president of Essence Communications Inc., said in a statement. "Her history with the Essence brand, both with the festival and the magazine, makes her a great spokesperson for this year's festival and we're looking forward to working with her over the next few months."
2010 Essence Music Fest is aimed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Essence Magazine. Previous musical guests included Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Beyonce Knowles, Jamie Foxx, John Legend, Kanye West, Lionel Richie, Maxwell, Prince, Stevie Wonder and Toni Braxton.
More Mary J. Blige News
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour