Lady GaGa Up Against Adam Lambert for GLAAD Outstanding Artist
Dance queen Lady GaGa and openly gay singer Adam Lambert will be battling against each other at the 21st Annual Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards. The two are nominated for Outstanding Music Artist prize.
Lady GaGa makes it to the list for her 2009 studio album "The Fame Monster", while Adam gets the nod for his debut effort "For Your Entertainment". Joining them in the category are Brandi Carlile, The Gossip and Otep.
2010 GLAAD Media Awards will be taking place at New York's Marriott Marquis on March 13, Los Angeles' Hyatt Regency Century Plaza on April 17 and San Fransisco's The Westin St. Francis on June 5. In addition to honoring musicians, this annual event will also hand out awards to people working in movie, television and journalism.
Special honoree at the show is Cynthia Nixon who will be given the Vito Russo Award at the New York ceremony. The Vito Russo Award is named after a founding member of GLAAD and is presented to an openly LGBT media professional who has made a significant difference in promoting equal rights for the community.
"Cynthia Nixon has been a vocal and visible advocate who has transformed cultural attitudes about our community," said GLAAD President Jarrett. "She is a perfect example of how sharing your personal story and speaking out for marriage equality can inspire change among fair-minded Americans. It is our privilege to honor her."
More Lady GaGa News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'