The Ting Tings Announce New Album Title
It is official, The Ting Tings call their forthcoming second studio album "Kunst". The band announce it when interviewed by NME for its Albums of 2010 issue, which hits newsstands across the U.K. on January 13.
"Just round the corner to our studio there's a massage parlour, it's called Massage Kunst," member Jules De Martino said. "It's Massage Art, basically ['kunst' is German for 'art']. We took a picture of that and sent it to our label, saying this is the title of the album. They went berserk."
Sharing about the recording sessions for the album, he furthermore stated, "We listened back to some of the demos and we thought, hold on a minute, this is sounding too much like we're rocking out live. We bought a couple of old weird synths in New York and smuggled them in our suitcases back to Berlin and they started to come strong on the music."
The Ting Tings have started working on the new effort since 2009. Following report that they have inked a deal with Jay-Z's Roc Nation, they are rumored to receive helping hands from the rapper in the production table. Rumor also has it, Rihanna will feature in one of their new songs.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'