Toni Braxton Almost Quit Singing After Falling Ill
Toni Braxton announced that she planned to retire from music industry and quit singing for the sake of her health in 2008. The singer who is also the spokeswoman of both Autism Speaks and American Heart Association was hospitalized in April 2008 since she was diagnosed with microvascular angina, a sort of small vessel disease.
She says, "I tried to pull a Jay-Z and said I'm gonna retire, he couldn't do it either, so it's in my DNA, I had to come out and perform." The 40-year-old hip-hop superstar Jay-Z declared that he would quit rapping, but his comeback in 2006 brought out the success of his released album, "Kingdom Come".
When she was ailing, the "Unbreak My Heart" hitmaker was forced to cancel her Las Vegas Residency at the Flamingo Hotel which had been scheduled to end on August 23, 2008, yet she signed a new record deal with Atlantic Records at the end of the year.
During the time to prepare the launching of her sixth studio album this February, she admits that she's nervous about its prospect and her live performance. She says, "I'm a little nervous because it's been a while since I've been singing, but I enjoy performing so much that I had to do it."
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character