Toni Braxton Almost Quit Singing After Falling Ill
Toni Braxton announced that she planned to retire from music industry and quit singing for the sake of her health in 2008. The singer who is also the spokeswoman of both Autism Speaks and American Heart Association was hospitalized in April 2008 since she was diagnosed with microvascular angina, a sort of small vessel disease.
She says, "I tried to pull a Jay-Z and said I'm gonna retire, he couldn't do it either, so it's in my DNA, I had to come out and perform." The 40-year-old hip-hop superstar Jay-Z declared that he would quit rapping, but his comeback in 2006 brought out the success of his released album, "Kingdom Come".
When she was ailing, the "Unbreak My Heart" hitmaker was forced to cancel her Las Vegas Residency at the Flamingo Hotel which had been scheduled to end on August 23, 2008, yet she signed a new record deal with Atlantic Records at the end of the year.
During the time to prepare the launching of her sixth studio album this February, she admits that she's nervous about its prospect and her live performance. She says, "I'm a little nervous because it's been a while since I've been singing, but I enjoy performing so much that I had to do it."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media