Toni Braxton Almost Quit Singing After Falling Ill
Toni Braxton announced that she planned to retire from music industry and quit singing for the sake of her health in 2008. The singer who is also the spokeswoman of both Autism Speaks and American Heart Association was hospitalized in April 2008 since she was diagnosed with microvascular angina, a sort of small vessel disease.
She says, "I tried to pull a Jay-Z and said I'm gonna retire, he couldn't do it either, so it's in my DNA, I had to come out and perform." The 40-year-old hip-hop superstar Jay-Z declared that he would quit rapping, but his comeback in 2006 brought out the success of his released album, "Kingdom Come".
When she was ailing, the "Unbreak My Heart" hitmaker was forced to cancel her Las Vegas Residency at the Flamingo Hotel which had been scheduled to end on August 23, 2008, yet she signed a new record deal with Atlantic Records at the end of the year.
During the time to prepare the launching of her sixth studio album this February, she admits that she's nervous about its prospect and her live performance. She says, "I'm a little nervous because it's been a while since I've been singing, but I enjoy performing so much that I had to do it."
- Chrissy Teigen Naked in Bed in New Photos
- 'The Flash' Showrunner Promises Season 4 Will Be Fun and Less Dour
- Kourtney Kardashian Shacking Up With Younes Bendjima
- Nicolas Cage's Photo in Kazakhstani Garb Sparks Hilarious Memes on Twitter
- James Franco Unleashes Something Evil in 'The Vault' Trailer
- Tom Holland Wants to Date 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Co-Star Marisa Tomei
- Sara Sampaio Shares Topless Pic From Her Vacation in Mexico
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots