Producer Talks Taylor Kitsch's 'Friday Night Lights' Exit
"Friday Night Lights" is losing a hunk factor with the departure of Taylor Kitsch. When the show returns for the fifth season later this year, fans would not spot the depicter of Tim Riggins as much as before. Exec Producer Jason Katims said the exit was prompted by Kitsch's heavy schedule.
In an interview with E! Online, Katims said, "Taylor is shooting a movie [John Carter of Mars] and it doesn't work out with his schedule to have him on as a series regular for FNL next season." However, Katims said it is not the end of Riggins. "We are planning to have him come back toward the end of the season, and possibly do a couple along the way if we can work it out with production," he added.
Since starring as Gambit in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", Kitsch has been flooded with feature movie opportunities and producers of "FNL" knew it won't be long until he can't juggle between committing to movie projects and being a regular on the series.
"Taylor is not only incredibly talented but a real guy," Katims said. "Passionate, devoted, solid. We've loved having him on the show but we wanted to support him in this and give him a chance to shoot the movie, which will be good for his career."
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake