Producer Talks Taylor Kitsch's 'Friday Night Lights' Exit
"Friday Night Lights" is losing a hunk factor with the departure of Taylor Kitsch. When the show returns for the fifth season later this year, fans would not spot the depicter of Tim Riggins as much as before. Exec Producer Jason Katims said the exit was prompted by Kitsch's heavy schedule.
In an interview with E! Online, Katims said, "Taylor is shooting a movie [John Carter of Mars] and it doesn't work out with his schedule to have him on as a series regular for FNL next season." However, Katims said it is not the end of Riggins. "We are planning to have him come back toward the end of the season, and possibly do a couple along the way if we can work it out with production," he added.
Since starring as Gambit in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", Kitsch has been flooded with feature movie opportunities and producers of "FNL" knew it won't be long until he can't juggle between committing to movie projects and being a regular on the series.
"Taylor is not only incredibly talented but a real guy," Katims said. "Passionate, devoted, solid. We've loved having him on the show but we wanted to support him in this and give him a chance to shoot the movie, which will be good for his career."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'