Producer Talks Taylor Kitsch's 'Friday Night Lights' Exit
"Friday Night Lights" is losing a hunk factor with the departure of Taylor Kitsch. When the show returns for the fifth season later this year, fans would not spot the depicter of Tim Riggins as much as before. Exec Producer Jason Katims said the exit was prompted by Kitsch's heavy schedule.
In an interview with E! Online, Katims said, "Taylor is shooting a movie [John Carter of Mars] and it doesn't work out with his schedule to have him on as a series regular for FNL next season." However, Katims said it is not the end of Riggins. "We are planning to have him come back toward the end of the season, and possibly do a couple along the way if we can work it out with production," he added.
Since starring as Gambit in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", Kitsch has been flooded with feature movie opportunities and producers of "FNL" knew it won't be long until he can't juggle between committing to movie projects and being a regular on the series.
"Taylor is not only incredibly talented but a real guy," Katims said. "Passionate, devoted, solid. We've loved having him on the show but we wanted to support him in this and give him a chance to shoot the movie, which will be good for his career."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?