Producer Talks Taylor Kitsch's 'Friday Night Lights' Exit
"Friday Night Lights" is losing a hunk factor with the departure of Taylor Kitsch. When the show returns for the fifth season later this year, fans would not spot the depicter of Tim Riggins as much as before. Exec Producer Jason Katims said the exit was prompted by Kitsch's heavy schedule.
In an interview with E! Online, Katims said, "Taylor is shooting a movie [John Carter of Mars] and it doesn't work out with his schedule to have him on as a series regular for FNL next season." However, Katims said it is not the end of Riggins. "We are planning to have him come back toward the end of the season, and possibly do a couple along the way if we can work it out with production," he added.
Since starring as Gambit in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", Kitsch has been flooded with feature movie opportunities and producers of "FNL" knew it won't be long until he can't juggle between committing to movie projects and being a regular on the series.
"Taylor is not only incredibly talented but a real guy," Katims said. "Passionate, devoted, solid. We've loved having him on the show but we wanted to support him in this and give him a chance to shoot the movie, which will be good for his career."
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'