Recap: Chris Harrison Told Rozlyn Papa to Leave 'The Bachelor'
As promised by host Chris Harrison last week, the scandal in the 14th season of "The Bachelor" was laid out bare on the Monday, January 11 episode. Contestant Rozlyn Papa was yanked out of the show after Chris gave her the knowledge that they are in the know about her forbidden affair with one of the "staffers".
The competition started with Chris explaining the rule of the game to the ladies. Those in the group dates have the chance to win a rose from Jake Pavelka but when one doesn't get it, then she will have to wait for the rose ceremony. Meanwhile, the girl who doesn't receive rose on one-on-one date will have to leave immediately.
Rozlyn belonged to a group date and she successfully kissed him. "I don't have to worry about whether I'm going to stay or not because I have a rose, biatch," she said. The mother of one also admitted to have never been competitive but was ready to fight for this one.
The bomb was dropped when Chris sidelined her for a 'private' talk. Outside, Chris said, "So, this is something we've never had to deal with in the history of the show." He added, "I am very sorry that we have to have this conversation, it's very awkward. I'm guessing you have some idea why I pulled you aside. Rozlyn, you entered into an inappropriate relationship with one of our staffers. That staffer is no longer working with us."
Rozlyn was quiet along the ordeal and only replied with "Okay". Chris then continued, "Because of what happened, we feel it's now impossible to then now form a meaningful relationship with Jake. Out of respect for everybody here, the girls, Jake, yourself." Rozlyn showed a resistance by saying, "So you think that there's no other girls here that felt for other people before they came on the show?"
Chris said the girls may have the relationship before the show but in Rozlyn's case "it's something that just happened on our show with someone who works on the show." Rozlyn replied, "I mean I don't think that my personal life is really anybody's business."
Later on Chris said, "The bottom line is this. We feel because of what's happened, it's impossible for you to continue on the show. Does that make sense, too, because that's important, too." Rozlyn responded, "No, it makes sense. Okay, I respect that."
Before leaving to pack her belongings, Rozlyn said, "I mean I don't think it was anything that was deceitful, or anything like that." Her rose was taken back by Jake and twelve girls who proceed to the next round are Ali, Elizabeth, Vienna, Gia, Tenley, Ella, Valishia, Corrie, Jessie, Ashleigh, Michelle and Kathryn.
More The Bachelor News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?