Dr. Dre's 'Detox' Will Not Come Out Before 2011
In an interview with the March issue of Slam Magazine, Dr. Dre revealed that his new album "Detox" will not arrive this year. "Well, I'm working on it, but also I've been working on other people's projects; you'll probably hear something in a year or so," he said.
Indeed, Dr. Dre has been working hard on this studio project for the past few years. Thus, it is understandable when he, in early 2009, was furious after one of the unfinished songs recorded for the album was leaked. His management reached out to websites, which posted the song, and asked them to take it down.
Four months later, Dr. Dre decided to give fans the first listen to "Detox" music, putting it in the Dr. Pepper promo ad. "Scientific tests prove when you drink Dr. Pepper slow, the 23 flavors taste even better. For me, slow always produces a hit," he said while spinning the turntable. "Slower is better - trust me, I'm a doctor."
"Detox" is Dr. Dre's third studio album. It has been worked on by the rapper/producer since 2004 but keeps getting pushed back following his job as a producer for other artists, including Eminem. Back in November 2009, Dr. Dre gave update on the album saying, "You know what, I'm working hard on it man."
"I'm going and I'm stopping, I'm working with other artists in-between and what have you, but I'm working hard on it and the minute it's done and I feel it right here [in my chest] and it feels right to me, that's when it'll come out. And you know, hopefully at the beginning of the year."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby