'Glee' Gets Olivia Newton-John, Calls for New Actors
Adam Lambert may not be in "Glee" future, but Olivia Newton-John is. The veteran actress who claimed worldwide fame through "Grease" will guest star in a Spring episode of the new FOX series, sharing screen with the depicter of Sue Sylvester, Jane Lynch.
"I'm so excited I can't see straight! [Olivia] provided the soundtrack for my tortured adolescence," Lynch told E! Online. "Her charitable work and commitment to making others' lives and the life of the planet better is so inspiring." Sue will sing a duet with Olivia on "Let's Get Physical".
The casting came on the heels of an announcement that "Glee" has been picked up for season 2. FOX Entertainment President Kevin Reilly announced on Monday, January 11, "We loved 'Glee' ever since it was a pilot script, so it's been an incredible thrill to watch the show take root and see audiences embrace these characters in such a huge way this season. The show is a true and rare gem in television."
They are even doing nationwide casting call for three new characters that will take part in a special airing before the second season premiere. "Amateur individuals" between the age of 16 to 26 may apply for the available positions online.
"Glee" will be back on screen April 13 at 9/8c.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie