Mel B Replaces Original Host of 'Dance Your Ass Off'
Losing weight in a fun way, "Dance Your Ass Off" will be back with a new face. Instead of welcoming back Marissa Jaret Winokur, the program by Oxygen Network has found a new host in Melanie Brown. The ex member of Spice Girls will be running the show effective immediately in second season.
Executive Producer Dan Cutforth said some people do not feel connection with Winokur although the show received great feedback. "We didn't produce the first season of 'Dance Your A** Off,'" he said. "Oxygen considered it a huge success. They looked at some things they wanted to change."
He added, "Marissa was a fabulous host. She was great hosting the show and got great press, but they found in talking to the audience that there was a portion of the audience who loved her and a portion who didn't connect with her. The core Oxygen audience grew up as Spice Girls fans, so they connect with Mel B."
The show is featuring contestants who struggle with weight and want to lose some pounds. Instead of going with heavy training like "The Biggest Loser", "Dance Your Ass Off" pairs the contestants with professional dancers to shake their body and burn fats along the way. Season 1 witnessed champion Ruben losing 74.4 pounds.
Melanie Brown was almost a winner of "Dancing with the Stars" season 5, coming second after Helio Castroneves.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny