Mel B Replaces Original Host of 'Dance Your Ass Off'
Losing weight in a fun way, "Dance Your Ass Off" will be back with a new face. Instead of welcoming back Marissa Jaret Winokur, the program by Oxygen Network has found a new host in Melanie Brown. The ex member of Spice Girls will be running the show effective immediately in second season.
Executive Producer Dan Cutforth said some people do not feel connection with Winokur although the show received great feedback. "We didn't produce the first season of 'Dance Your A** Off,'" he said. "Oxygen considered it a huge success. They looked at some things they wanted to change."
He added, "Marissa was a fabulous host. She was great hosting the show and got great press, but they found in talking to the audience that there was a portion of the audience who loved her and a portion who didn't connect with her. The core Oxygen audience grew up as Spice Girls fans, so they connect with Mel B."
The show is featuring contestants who struggle with weight and want to lose some pounds. Instead of going with heavy training like "The Biggest Loser", "Dance Your Ass Off" pairs the contestants with professional dancers to shake their body and burn fats along the way. Season 1 witnessed champion Ruben losing 74.4 pounds.
Melanie Brown was almost a winner of "Dancing with the Stars" season 5, coming second after Helio Castroneves.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival