'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' Set to Sail With Johnny Depp in June
Jerry Bruckheimer has provided some updates on the progress of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides". Being met during a group interview in Pasadena, California on Saturday, January 10, when he was promoting his new TV show "Miami Medical", the producer informed that the film will start shooting in June with Johnny Depp attached to the project.
"Yeah, everything's fine," Jerry said, trying to assure that the film is indeed being worked on. "We're moving forward. We hope to start in June, and Rob Marshall's set [to direct]. We're moving forward." Additionally, the filmmaker confirmed Johnny is on board for the film, saying "No deals have been made yet, other than Johnny's. We'll make those decisions later and let you know."
In December 2009, however, Jerry seemed not sure about the future of the fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" film as he claimed, "Nothing is 100% except death and taxes. Deaths and taxes are 100%. Nothing else is." Moreover, when asked about the possibility to see Johnny in the upcoming movie, he said, "Well, if the script's good, he'll be there."
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" is said to follow Jack Sparrow in his quest to find the Fountain of Youth. He will team up with Captain Barbossa in order to "defeat some supernatural terror". Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott write the script for the movie, which recently set May 20, 2011 release date.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist