'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' Set to Sail With Johnny Depp in June
Jerry Bruckheimer has provided some updates on the progress of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides". Being met during a group interview in Pasadena, California on Saturday, January 10, when he was promoting his new TV show "Miami Medical", the producer informed that the film will start shooting in June with Johnny Depp attached to the project.
"Yeah, everything's fine," Jerry said, trying to assure that the film is indeed being worked on. "We're moving forward. We hope to start in June, and Rob Marshall's set [to direct]. We're moving forward." Additionally, the filmmaker confirmed Johnny is on board for the film, saying "No deals have been made yet, other than Johnny's. We'll make those decisions later and let you know."
In December 2009, however, Jerry seemed not sure about the future of the fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" film as he claimed, "Nothing is 100% except death and taxes. Deaths and taxes are 100%. Nothing else is." Moreover, when asked about the possibility to see Johnny in the upcoming movie, he said, "Well, if the script's good, he'll be there."
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" is said to follow Jack Sparrow in his quest to find the Fountain of Youth. He will team up with Captain Barbossa in order to "defeat some supernatural terror". Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott write the script for the movie, which recently set May 20, 2011 release date.
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'