Artist of the Week: Vampire Weekend
Dubbed as one of the best new bands in 2008, Vampire Weekend are going to release their second studio album "Contra" across United States on January 12. The four-piece band will celebrate the album release with a special intimate show at Los Angeles' Henry Fonda Theater. They will make an in-store performance in London the next day.
Already being made available for free stream on their official website, "Contra" is aimed to follow up their Gold-certified eponymous effort "Vampire Weekend" which has been in stores since 2008. It is led by single "Cousins" which peaked at No. 33 on Billboard Modern Rock Track chart.
When comparing this upcoming release to their debut album, lead singer Ezra Koenig told The Canadian Press, "I feel like the first album was very open to misinterpretation. And I hope that this one is more direct in that sense."
In support of the new album, Vampire Weekend are going to hit the road starting January 17 at a sold-out concert to take place at United Palace Theater in New York. A number of dates across Europe and North America are set to follow until June.
Beside releasing a new album, this band also did an acoustic performance for MTV's Unplugged. They stripped down their hit singles "A-Punk", "Oxford Comma" and "M79" as well as new songs "White Sky", "Run" and "Cousins".
More details about Vampire Weekend's upcoming shows can be seen on their MySpace, while the whole songs of their new album can be streamed on the following widget.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer