Artist of the Week: Vampire Weekend
Dubbed as one of the best new bands in 2008, Vampire Weekend are going to release their second studio album "Contra" across United States on January 12. The four-piece band will celebrate the album release with a special intimate show at Los Angeles' Henry Fonda Theater. They will make an in-store performance in London the next day.
Already being made available for free stream on their official website, "Contra" is aimed to follow up their Gold-certified eponymous effort "Vampire Weekend" which has been in stores since 2008. It is led by single "Cousins" which peaked at No. 33 on Billboard Modern Rock Track chart.
When comparing this upcoming release to their debut album, lead singer Ezra Koenig told The Canadian Press, "I feel like the first album was very open to misinterpretation. And I hope that this one is more direct in that sense."
In support of the new album, Vampire Weekend are going to hit the road starting January 17 at a sold-out concert to take place at United Palace Theater in New York. A number of dates across Europe and North America are set to follow until June.
Beside releasing a new album, this band also did an acoustic performance for MTV's Unplugged. They stripped down their hit singles "A-Punk", "Oxford Comma" and "M79" as well as new songs "White Sky", "Run" and "Cousins".
More details about Vampire Weekend's upcoming shows can be seen on their MySpace, while the whole songs of their new album can be streamed on the following widget.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC