'Star Trek' Sequel Sets 2012 Release Date
Fans can expect the follow-up to "Star Trek" to arrive in the next two years. According to Box Office Mojo, Paramount Pictures has set June 29, 2012 as the day when this untitled Star Trek sequel hits theaters across the U.S.
Previously, some filmmakers have stated their opinions that "Star Trek" sequel will not be able to be released in 2011, as it was earlier planned by Paramount. "The more time you have, the more time you have to use to hopefully make it a better movie," director/producer J.J. Abrams said, which was then agreed by producer/writer Damon Lindelof.
The upcoming "Star Trek" film is said to play time in relation to the first film as Lindelof, who has been tapped to write the script, gushed, "One of the things we like to do as storytellers is drop you in the middle of something." Meanwhile, Abrams has not confirmed whether or not he is going to return to his directing position for the second movie.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors