'Star Trek' Sequel Sets 2012 Release Date
Fans can expect the follow-up to "Star Trek" to arrive in the next two years. According to Box Office Mojo, Paramount Pictures has set June 29, 2012 as the day when this untitled Star Trek sequel hits theaters across the U.S.
Previously, some filmmakers have stated their opinions that "Star Trek" sequel will not be able to be released in 2011, as it was earlier planned by Paramount. "The more time you have, the more time you have to use to hopefully make it a better movie," director/producer J.J. Abrams said, which was then agreed by producer/writer Damon Lindelof.
The upcoming "Star Trek" film is said to play time in relation to the first film as Lindelof, who has been tapped to write the script, gushed, "One of the things we like to do as storytellers is drop you in the middle of something." Meanwhile, Abrams has not confirmed whether or not he is going to return to his directing position for the second movie.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones