'Star Trek' Sequel Sets 2012 Release Date
Fans can expect the follow-up to "Star Trek" to arrive in the next two years. According to Box Office Mojo, Paramount Pictures has set June 29, 2012 as the day when this untitled Star Trek sequel hits theaters across the U.S.
Previously, some filmmakers have stated their opinions that "Star Trek" sequel will not be able to be released in 2011, as it was earlier planned by Paramount. "The more time you have, the more time you have to use to hopefully make it a better movie," director/producer J.J. Abrams said, which was then agreed by producer/writer Damon Lindelof.
The upcoming "Star Trek" film is said to play time in relation to the first film as Lindelof, who has been tapped to write the script, gushed, "One of the things we like to do as storytellers is drop you in the middle of something." Meanwhile, Abrams has not confirmed whether or not he is going to return to his directing position for the second movie.
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights