'Star Trek' Sequel Sets 2012 Release Date
Fans can expect the follow-up to "Star Trek" to arrive in the next two years. According to Box Office Mojo, Paramount Pictures has set June 29, 2012 as the day when this untitled Star Trek sequel hits theaters across the U.S.
Previously, some filmmakers have stated their opinions that "Star Trek" sequel will not be able to be released in 2011, as it was earlier planned by Paramount. "The more time you have, the more time you have to use to hopefully make it a better movie," director/producer J.J. Abrams said, which was then agreed by producer/writer Damon Lindelof.
The upcoming "Star Trek" film is said to play time in relation to the first film as Lindelof, who has been tapped to write the script, gushed, "One of the things we like to do as storytellers is drop you in the middle of something." Meanwhile, Abrams has not confirmed whether or not he is going to return to his directing position for the second movie.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns