'Star Trek' Sequel Sets 2012 Release Date
Fans can expect the follow-up to "Star Trek" to arrive in the next two years. According to Box Office Mojo, Paramount Pictures has set June 29, 2012 as the day when this untitled Star Trek sequel hits theaters across the U.S.
Previously, some filmmakers have stated their opinions that "Star Trek" sequel will not be able to be released in 2011, as it was earlier planned by Paramount. "The more time you have, the more time you have to use to hopefully make it a better movie," director/producer J.J. Abrams said, which was then agreed by producer/writer Damon Lindelof.
The upcoming "Star Trek" film is said to play time in relation to the first film as Lindelof, who has been tapped to write the script, gushed, "One of the things we like to do as storytellers is drop you in the middle of something." Meanwhile, Abrams has not confirmed whether or not he is going to return to his directing position for the second movie.
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt