'Wolverine 2' to Start Shooting in 2011
Hugh Jackman is going to put on his sharp claws next year, when "Wolverine 2" kicks off its production. The news was broken by the actor himself when he was met at the backstage of the 36th Annual People's Choice Awards after receiving Favorite Action Star prize.
"Wolverine's going to be back. He's going to Japan. We shoot that probably in a year, year-and-a-half, something like that," Jackman stated at the event which was held on Wednesday night, January 6. Moreover, during the quick interview the 41-year-old actor revealed that he will start filming his other project, drama action "Real Steel", this summer.
Set in Japan, the sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" will feature Wolverine dealing with ninjas as he struggles whether to follow his animal killer instincts or the life under a samurai's code of honor and respect. Beside starring in it, Hugh Jackman will also serve as producer alongside John Palermo and Lauren Shuler Donner. Christopher McQuarrie is writing the script, but no director has been attached to the film.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers