Blake Lively Is 'Green Lantern' Leading Lady
Just ten weeks before it kicks off principal photography, "Green Lantern" found its leading lady. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. Pictures has tapped Blake Lively to star opposite Ryan Reynolds, who is set to play the titular character in the upcoming superhero film.
The "Gossip Girl" actress will play the role of Carol Ferris, a character who runs her father's aerospace company and hires cocky test pilot Hal Jordan, who later becomes intergalactic policeman Green Lantern. In the comics, Carol and Hal have a young romance which becomes complicated due to Hal's other identity and Carol's inheritance of the company from her father.
Interestingly, Lively's role called for a slightly older actress but she was chosen because the studio and filmmakers were impressed with her audition and her work in upcoming movie "The Town", which stars Ben Affleck. Moreover, the 22-year-old reportedly won the part over four other contenders, Jennifer Garner, Keri Russell, Eva Green and Diane Kruger.
The studio will next start the casting process for the roles of Dr. Hector Hammond, one of the key villains, and the alien known as Sinestro. Martin Campbell will serve behind the lens when this action film, which is scheduled for a June 17, 2011 release date in the U.S., starts shooting in Louisiana in March.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding