'Iron Man 3' Could Use 'Demon in a Bottle' Story
While "Iron Man 2" has yet to be released in U.S. theaters, there has been talk about the next movie. In a recent interview with MTV, War Machine co-creator Bob Layton has shared his thought on the possible storyline for "Iron Man 3".
"I think they've come up with a terrific segue to the third film, which I think is going to be fairly powerful," Layton said. "My understanding is that the third film could very well be the 'Demon in a Bottle' story mixed in there with everything and I'm kind of looking forward to that, if that's where they wind up going."
"Demon in a Bottle" is a nine-issue of Iron Man story which follows Tony Stark dealing with his alcohol addiction while trying to save his company and reputation from Justin Hammer. Written by David Michelinie and Bob Layton, this arc was first published in 1979.
During the chat, Layton also talked about "Iron Man 2", particularly on why Jim Rhodes should appear in "Iron Man 2" rather than in the next sequel. "I think there are a variety of reasons to have the War Machine character in there. If they're doing 'The Avengers' film, they always have the option of using War Machine instead of Iron Man depending upon what happens contractually. I'm just speculating, I have no idea... But there's always the possibility that if it does well, it can spinoff," he elaborated.
"Iron Man 2" will be dropped in theaters across the U.S. on May 7. It will see Iron Man facing his enemies, Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff and Whiplash/Ivan Vanko. Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow return to reprise their roles as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Pepper Potts, while Scarlett Johansson and Mickey Rourke play the villainous characters.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3