MTV Wants 'Jersey Shore' Back for Second Season
Bruised but not battered, "Jersey Shore" is set to stay firm on MTV. Cast member Vinny Guadagino told several ladies at "Youth in Revolt" after-party on Tuesday, January 5 that the network wants them to be back for a second summer in Seaside Heights.
"They want us to do another season," Vinny said to the women at La Pomme in NYC. The girls wanted him to join them to another club but Vinny emphasized that he could not "go out and make unpaid appearances."
A rep for the cast ensemble confirmed previously that they get paid for showing up in parties but the management is "very particular" about the venues they get sent to. Group-wise, the entire gang can rake in approximately $30,000 per event with Snooki getting the highest price tag of $7,500. Lovers Ronnie and Sammi, meanwhile, come in a package price at $3,000.
Since there is "no ceiling" to the pricing, the cast can get more if they keep displaying eccentricities. Snooki, the most controversial cast so far, has just admitted that she has a sex tape to Life and Style magazine. "I don't want people to watch me doing that," she said. "It's a private thing." Vivid Entertainment founder Steven Hirsch said, "A sex tape starring Snooki could fetch between $1 million and $3 million. It could be considerably more."
"Jersey Shore" has been the subject of criticism for depicting a false image of American-Italiano and showing offensive behavior. Many have pushed MTV to cancel the show, including New Jersey Italian American Legislative Caucus that issued an open letter to lay out how the show is "contrary to New Jersey's efforts to reduce hate and bias-related crime."
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'