MTV Wants 'Jersey Shore' Back for Second Season
Bruised but not battered, "Jersey Shore" is set to stay firm on MTV. Cast member Vinny Guadagino told several ladies at "Youth in Revolt" after-party on Tuesday, January 5 that the network wants them to be back for a second summer in Seaside Heights.
"They want us to do another season," Vinny said to the women at La Pomme in NYC. The girls wanted him to join them to another club but Vinny emphasized that he could not "go out and make unpaid appearances."
A rep for the cast ensemble confirmed previously that they get paid for showing up in parties but the management is "very particular" about the venues they get sent to. Group-wise, the entire gang can rake in approximately $30,000 per event with Snooki getting the highest price tag of $7,500. Lovers Ronnie and Sammi, meanwhile, come in a package price at $3,000.
Since there is "no ceiling" to the pricing, the cast can get more if they keep displaying eccentricities. Snooki, the most controversial cast so far, has just admitted that she has a sex tape to Life and Style magazine. "I don't want people to watch me doing that," she said. "It's a private thing." Vivid Entertainment founder Steven Hirsch said, "A sex tape starring Snooki could fetch between $1 million and $3 million. It could be considerably more."
"Jersey Shore" has been the subject of criticism for depicting a false image of American-Italiano and showing offensive behavior. Many have pushed MTV to cancel the show, including New Jersey Italian American Legislative Caucus that issued an open letter to lay out how the show is "contrary to New Jersey's efforts to reduce hate and bias-related crime."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby