MTV Wants 'Jersey Shore' Back for Second Season
Bruised but not battered, "Jersey Shore" is set to stay firm on MTV. Cast member Vinny Guadagino told several ladies at "Youth in Revolt" after-party on Tuesday, January 5 that the network wants them to be back for a second summer in Seaside Heights.
"They want us to do another season," Vinny said to the women at La Pomme in NYC. The girls wanted him to join them to another club but Vinny emphasized that he could not "go out and make unpaid appearances."
A rep for the cast ensemble confirmed previously that they get paid for showing up in parties but the management is "very particular" about the venues they get sent to. Group-wise, the entire gang can rake in approximately $30,000 per event with Snooki getting the highest price tag of $7,500. Lovers Ronnie and Sammi, meanwhile, come in a package price at $3,000.
Since there is "no ceiling" to the pricing, the cast can get more if they keep displaying eccentricities. Snooki, the most controversial cast so far, has just admitted that she has a sex tape to Life and Style magazine. "I don't want people to watch me doing that," she said. "It's a private thing." Vivid Entertainment founder Steven Hirsch said, "A sex tape starring Snooki could fetch between $1 million and $3 million. It could be considerably more."
"Jersey Shore" has been the subject of criticism for depicting a false image of American-Italiano and showing offensive behavior. Many have pushed MTV to cancel the show, including New Jersey Italian American Legislative Caucus that issued an open letter to lay out how the show is "contrary to New Jersey's efforts to reduce hate and bias-related crime."
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off