'G.I. Joe' Sequel Is Happening, Gets 'Zombieland' Writers
After Paramount Pictures' vice chairman Rob Moore announced in August 2009 that "G.I. Joe" sequel would be developed, there was no further update about the project. However, latest report has suggested "G.I. Joe 2" is really happening since the studio has got its writers and director, IESB has learned.
According to IESB, "Zombieland" writers, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, have been hired to pen the script for the follow-up to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". Additionally, Paramount has tapped Stephen Sommers, who helmed the first film, to return to the same position for the second one.
Should the film start production, it is likely that Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller and other cast members will return because they were reportedly signed for the sequel. However, Paramount and WME have not commented on the news.
"G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" follows the elite G.I. JOE team who uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and prevent the chaos that might be resulted. Since it was released on August 7, 2009, the film has grossed over $300 million worldwide.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl