'G.I. Joe' Sequel Is Happening, Gets 'Zombieland' Writers
After Paramount Pictures' vice chairman Rob Moore announced in August 2009 that "G.I. Joe" sequel would be developed, there was no further update about the project. However, latest report has suggested "G.I. Joe 2" is really happening since the studio has got its writers and director, IESB has learned.
According to IESB, "Zombieland" writers, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, have been hired to pen the script for the follow-up to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". Additionally, Paramount has tapped Stephen Sommers, who helmed the first film, to return to the same position for the second one.
Should the film start production, it is likely that Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller and other cast members will return because they were reportedly signed for the sequel. However, Paramount and WME have not commented on the news.
"G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" follows the elite G.I. JOE team who uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and prevent the chaos that might be resulted. Since it was released on August 7, 2009, the film has grossed over $300 million worldwide.
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too