'G.I. Joe' Sequel Is Happening, Gets 'Zombieland' Writers
After Paramount Pictures' vice chairman Rob Moore announced in August 2009 that "G.I. Joe" sequel would be developed, there was no further update about the project. However, latest report has suggested "G.I. Joe 2" is really happening since the studio has got its writers and director, IESB has learned.
According to IESB, "Zombieland" writers, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, have been hired to pen the script for the follow-up to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". Additionally, Paramount has tapped Stephen Sommers, who helmed the first film, to return to the same position for the second one.
Should the film start production, it is likely that Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller and other cast members will return because they were reportedly signed for the sequel. However, Paramount and WME have not commented on the news.
"G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" follows the elite G.I. JOE team who uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and prevent the chaos that might be resulted. Since it was released on August 7, 2009, the film has grossed over $300 million worldwide.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!