'G.I. Joe' Sequel Is Happening, Gets 'Zombieland' Writers
After Paramount Pictures' vice chairman Rob Moore announced in August 2009 that "G.I. Joe" sequel would be developed, there was no further update about the project. However, latest report has suggested "G.I. Joe 2" is really happening since the studio has got its writers and director, IESB has learned.
According to IESB, "Zombieland" writers, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, have been hired to pen the script for the follow-up to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". Additionally, Paramount has tapped Stephen Sommers, who helmed the first film, to return to the same position for the second one.
Should the film start production, it is likely that Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller and other cast members will return because they were reportedly signed for the sequel. However, Paramount and WME have not commented on the news.
"G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" follows the elite G.I. JOE team who uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and prevent the chaos that might be resulted. Since it was released on August 7, 2009, the film has grossed over $300 million worldwide.
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo