'Thor' Release Date Moved Forward
The release date for "Thor" has been pushed up by two weeks from its original May 20, 2011 slot. Following report that "Spider-Man 4" will not meet its May 5, 2011 deadline, Paramount Pictures has announced that the upcoming movie adaptation of Marvel superhero character will be premiered on May 6, 2011.
Soon after Paramount decided to move up "Thor" release schedule, Disney has announced that "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" will be dropped in U.S. theaters on May 20, 2011, replacing "Thor". This fourth installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise previously had not had an exact release date.
"Thor" is an epic adventure that spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. The story centers on Chris Hemsworth's Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior, who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions, but he later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth.
Meanwhile, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" is said to follow Jack Sparrow in his quest to find the Fountain of Youth. He will team up with Captain Barbossa in order to "defeat some supernatural terror". It has not been confirmed whether or not Johnny Depp will return to this film, while Rob Marshall is set to serve behind the lens.
More Thor News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding