'Thor' Release Date Moved Forward
The release date for "Thor" has been pushed up by two weeks from its original May 20, 2011 slot. Following report that "Spider-Man 4" will not meet its May 5, 2011 deadline, Paramount Pictures has announced that the upcoming movie adaptation of Marvel superhero character will be premiered on May 6, 2011.
Soon after Paramount decided to move up "Thor" release schedule, Disney has announced that "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" will be dropped in U.S. theaters on May 20, 2011, replacing "Thor". This fourth installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise previously had not had an exact release date.
"Thor" is an epic adventure that spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. The story centers on Chris Hemsworth's Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior, who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions, but he later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth.
Meanwhile, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" is said to follow Jack Sparrow in his quest to find the Fountain of Youth. He will team up with Captain Barbossa in order to "defeat some supernatural terror". It has not been confirmed whether or not Johnny Depp will return to this film, while Rob Marshall is set to serve behind the lens.
More Thor News
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance