Susan Boyle's Reign on Billboard Hot 200 Continues
Susan Boyle extends its reign on Billboard Hot 200 with her debut album "I Dreamed a Dream". According to Nielsen SoundScan, the effort has added another 137,000 copies, bringing a total of 3,104,000 units in its six weeks on sale.
The average number of "I Dreamed a Dream" hints that the Susan hysteria in the U.S. has started to die down. It means that whoever release new albums in the coming weeks may have the chance to end her six-week reign on the chart.
The U.S. albums chart has no newcomers this week. The runner-up position belongs to Lady GaGa's "The Fame" with 82,000. The third place is secured by Alicia Keys' "The Element of Freedom" with 80,000.
Mary J. Blige falls two spot from No. 2 to No. 4 with her "Stronger With Each Tear" album. Taylor Swift rounds the Top 5 with "Fearless" which becomes the best-selling album of 2009 for selling almost 3,000,000 units by the end of last December.
Next, Justin Bieber rose one place to No. 6 with his first studio project "My World" which pulls in 52,000 copies. "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" soundtrack also flies from No. 20 to No. 7 with 51,000. Black Eyed Peas' "The E.N.D.", Lady GaGa's "The Fame Monster" and Owl City's "Ocean Eyes" sit at No. 8, 9 and 10 respectively.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "I Dreamed a Dream" - Susan Boyle
- "The Fame" - Lady GaGa
- "The Element of Freedom" - Alicia Keys
- "Stronger With Each Tear" - Mary J. Blige
- "Fearless" - Taylor Swift
- "My World" - Justin Bieber
- "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" soundtrack - various artists
- "The E.N.D." - Black Eyed Peas
- "The Fame Monster" - Lady GaGa
- "Ocean Eyes" - Owl City
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat