36th People's Choice: 'Glee' and 'Vampire Diaries' Are Favorite New TV Shows
The cast of "Glee" and "The Vampire Diaries" have something to celebrate when this year's People's Choice Awards wraps up on Wednesday, January 6 night. The shows have just been named Favorite New TV Comedy and Drama respectively, the only categories in TV that have more than 5 contenders.
It was unfortunate that the cast of "Diaries" did not attend the event that the presenters had to accept the trophy. The "Glee" ensemble on the other way, live up to their show, boarding the stage and giving thanks to people by handing out DiGiornio pizzas. The frozen food brand is the main sponsor of the musical show.
The cast of "Glee" in attendance are Amber Riley, Chris Colfer, Cory Monteith, Lea Michele, and Jenna Ushkowitz among others. It was Colfer who opened the acceptance speech, saying "We have to thank all of you, our creators, our amazing writers, producers and our fantastic crew." Michelle added, "We have so much fun working on our show, so thank you all for watching."
2010 People's Choice Awards is held at Nokia Theaters and broadcast live by CBS. More winners in other TV categories will be unveiled, but not all will be read out live.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'