36th People's Choice: 'Glee' and 'Vampire Diaries' Are Favorite New TV Shows
The cast of "Glee" and "The Vampire Diaries" have something to celebrate when this year's People's Choice Awards wraps up on Wednesday, January 6 night. The shows have just been named Favorite New TV Comedy and Drama respectively, the only categories in TV that have more than 5 contenders.
It was unfortunate that the cast of "Diaries" did not attend the event that the presenters had to accept the trophy. The "Glee" ensemble on the other way, live up to their show, boarding the stage and giving thanks to people by handing out DiGiornio pizzas. The frozen food brand is the main sponsor of the musical show.
The cast of "Glee" in attendance are Amber Riley, Chris Colfer, Cory Monteith, Lea Michele, and Jenna Ushkowitz among others. It was Colfer who opened the acceptance speech, saying "We have to thank all of you, our creators, our amazing writers, producers and our fantastic crew." Michelle added, "We have so much fun working on our show, so thank you all for watching."
2010 People's Choice Awards is held at Nokia Theaters and broadcast live by CBS. More winners in other TV categories will be unveiled, but not all will be read out live.
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake