36th People's Choice: 'Glee' and 'Vampire Diaries' Are Favorite New TV Shows
The cast of "Glee" and "The Vampire Diaries" have something to celebrate when this year's People's Choice Awards wraps up on Wednesday, January 6 night. The shows have just been named Favorite New TV Comedy and Drama respectively, the only categories in TV that have more than 5 contenders.
It was unfortunate that the cast of "Diaries" did not attend the event that the presenters had to accept the trophy. The "Glee" ensemble on the other way, live up to their show, boarding the stage and giving thanks to people by handing out DiGiornio pizzas. The frozen food brand is the main sponsor of the musical show.
The cast of "Glee" in attendance are Amber Riley, Chris Colfer, Cory Monteith, Lea Michele, and Jenna Ushkowitz among others. It was Colfer who opened the acceptance speech, saying "We have to thank all of you, our creators, our amazing writers, producers and our fantastic crew." Michelle added, "We have so much fun working on our show, so thank you all for watching."
2010 People's Choice Awards is held at Nokia Theaters and broadcast live by CBS. More winners in other TV categories will be unveiled, but not all will be read out live.
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off