36th People's Choice: 'Twilight' Becomes Big Winner
"Twilight" has become the big winner at 2010 People's Choice Awards. The movie has taken home three kudos as it came out as the champion in Favorite Movie, Favorite Franchise, and Favorite On-Screen Team categories.
Additionally, the film's actor Taylor Lautner grabbed Favorite Breakout Movie Actor prize. In such category, he was nominated along with Chris Pine, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Sam Worthington and Zachary Quinto.
Another movie which has received an award at the gala was "Inglourious Basterds". This Quentin Tarantino-directed action drama which stars Brad Pitt was chosen as Favorite Independent Movie, beating out "500 Days of Summer", "District 9", "Paranormal Activity" and "Madea Goes to Jail".
2010 People's Choice Awards takes place at Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, California and is aired live by CBS. Hosted by Queen Latifah, the event is held to give awards in all 35 categories for movies, TV, and music, the winners of which are determined by online voting.
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress