36th People's Choice: Mariah Carey Wins Favorite R 'n' B Artist
The first winner in music category of the 36th Annual People's Choice Awards is announced by Rascal Flatts. Mariah Carey is the lucky one. The "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" singer takes home Favorite R&B Artist title, beating Alicia Keys, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Hudson and Usher.
"My real fans know that they are my extended family and I love them so much," she says during the acceptance speech. She also thanks husband Nick Cannon, saying "[Thanks] for being my best friend and for many other things that I probably shouldn't mention."
Mariah Carey previously delivered a strange speech on stage at 2010 Palm Spring Film Festival. She said "please forgive me, because I'm a little bit, um ..." when collecting Best Supporting Actress Award for her role in movie "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire". An audience then yelled interrupting her "drunk!" to which she replied "Yeah!" with a laugh.
Back to People's Choice Awards, Carrie Underwood wins Favorite Country Artist, pushing aside Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts. "I'd like to thank God for giving everybody in this room a love for entertainment," so she says.
Losing Favorite Country Artist to Carrie, Keith still manages to walk home with a prize as he is unveiled as the recipient for Favorite Male Artist. He wins over Eminem, Jason Mraz, John Mayer and Tim McGraw. "I don't even care if you download it illegally and give it to your friends," he tells fans on stage.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris