36th People's Choice: 'The Proposal' Wins Favorite Comedy Movie Kudo
36th Annual People's Choice Awards has just been kicked off on January 6 at 9 P.M. ET/PT and Sandra Bullock has had one of her proudest moments. Her film "The Proposal" has been chosen as favorite comedy movie, beating out "He's Just Not That Into You", "Bride Wars", "17 Again" and "The Hangover", which were nominated in the same category.
"Great competition and we're a little surprised," Bullock said when receiving the prize on stage with the companion of her co-star Ryan Reynolds. The actor additionally stated, "The people have chosen and we are very grateful they have chosen our film, especially in that category. There were some funny movies there."
Later, the actress was also named Favorite Movie Actress through her performance in the comedy film. Additionally, Hugh Jackman has also landed a gong at the show, winning Favorite Action Star for his portrayal of the superhero character in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".
2010 People's Choice Awards takes place at Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, California and is aired live by CBS. Hosted by Queen Latifah, the event is held to give awards in all 35 categories for movies, TV, and music, the winners of which are determined by online voting.
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test