36th People's Choice: 'The Proposal' Wins Favorite Comedy Movie Kudo
36th Annual People's Choice Awards has just been kicked off on January 6 at 9 P.M. ET/PT and Sandra Bullock has had one of her proudest moments. Her film "The Proposal" has been chosen as favorite comedy movie, beating out "He's Just Not That Into You", "Bride Wars", "17 Again" and "The Hangover", which were nominated in the same category.
"Great competition and we're a little surprised," Bullock said when receiving the prize on stage with the companion of her co-star Ryan Reynolds. The actor additionally stated, "The people have chosen and we are very grateful they have chosen our film, especially in that category. There were some funny movies there."
Later, the actress was also named Favorite Movie Actress through her performance in the comedy film. Additionally, Hugh Jackman has also landed a gong at the show, winning Favorite Action Star for his portrayal of the superhero character in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".
2010 People's Choice Awards takes place at Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, California and is aired live by CBS. Hosted by Queen Latifah, the event is held to give awards in all 35 categories for movies, TV, and music, the winners of which are determined by online voting.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris