36th People's Choice: 'The Proposal' Wins Favorite Comedy Movie Kudo
36th Annual People's Choice Awards has just been kicked off on January 6 at 9 P.M. ET/PT and Sandra Bullock has had one of her proudest moments. Her film "The Proposal" has been chosen as favorite comedy movie, beating out "He's Just Not That Into You", "Bride Wars", "17 Again" and "The Hangover", which were nominated in the same category.
"Great competition and we're a little surprised," Bullock said when receiving the prize on stage with the companion of her co-star Ryan Reynolds. The actor additionally stated, "The people have chosen and we are very grateful they have chosen our film, especially in that category. There were some funny movies there."
Later, the actress was also named Favorite Movie Actress through her performance in the comedy film. Additionally, Hugh Jackman has also landed a gong at the show, winning Favorite Action Star for his portrayal of the superhero character in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".
2010 People's Choice Awards takes place at Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, California and is aired live by CBS. Hosted by Queen Latifah, the event is held to give awards in all 35 categories for movies, TV, and music, the winners of which are determined by online voting.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance