Sylvester Stallone Broke Neck During 'The Expendables' Shooting
Sylvester Stallone has got his neck broken while filming a fight scene with his co-star Steve Austin for "The Expendables". Though the production was officially over in July 2009, the actor has just opened up about the accident when he was interviewed for the latest issue of FHM magazine.
"Actually, my fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin was so vicious that I ended up getting a hairline fracture in my neck. I'm not joking," Stallone revealed. He even had to be rushed to a hospital to get treatment for his injury, saying "I haven't told anyone this, but I had to have a very serious operation afterwards. I now have a metal plate in my neck."
"The Expendables" centers its story on a team of mercenaries who is hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator. However, once the mission begins, the group led by Barney Ross realizes things aren't quite as they appear, finding themselves caught in a dangerous web of deceit and betrayal.
Beside playing lead character Barney, Sylvester Stallone also takes the directing job for the film. Additionally, the movie has A-list actors, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jet Li and Mickey Rourke, and late actress Brittany Murphy joining the cast ensemble. Lionsgate Films plans to release the movie in U.S. theaters on August 13, 2010.
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps