Sylvester Stallone Broke Neck During 'The Expendables' Shooting
Sylvester Stallone has got his neck broken while filming a fight scene with his co-star Steve Austin for "The Expendables". Though the production was officially over in July 2009, the actor has just opened up about the accident when he was interviewed for the latest issue of FHM magazine.
"Actually, my fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin was so vicious that I ended up getting a hairline fracture in my neck. I'm not joking," Stallone revealed. He even had to be rushed to a hospital to get treatment for his injury, saying "I haven't told anyone this, but I had to have a very serious operation afterwards. I now have a metal plate in my neck."
"The Expendables" centers its story on a team of mercenaries who is hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator. However, once the mission begins, the group led by Barney Ross realizes things aren't quite as they appear, finding themselves caught in a dangerous web of deceit and betrayal.
Beside playing lead character Barney, Sylvester Stallone also takes the directing job for the film. Additionally, the movie has A-list actors, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jet Li and Mickey Rourke, and late actress Brittany Murphy joining the cast ensemble. Lionsgate Films plans to release the movie in U.S. theaters on August 13, 2010.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour