Sylvester Stallone Broke Neck During 'The Expendables' Shooting
Sylvester Stallone has got his neck broken while filming a fight scene with his co-star Steve Austin for "The Expendables". Though the production was officially over in July 2009, the actor has just opened up about the accident when he was interviewed for the latest issue of FHM magazine.
"Actually, my fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin was so vicious that I ended up getting a hairline fracture in my neck. I'm not joking," Stallone revealed. He even had to be rushed to a hospital to get treatment for his injury, saying "I haven't told anyone this, but I had to have a very serious operation afterwards. I now have a metal plate in my neck."
"The Expendables" centers its story on a team of mercenaries who is hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator. However, once the mission begins, the group led by Barney Ross realizes things aren't quite as they appear, finding themselves caught in a dangerous web of deceit and betrayal.
Beside playing lead character Barney, Sylvester Stallone also takes the directing job for the film. Additionally, the movie has A-list actors, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jet Li and Mickey Rourke, and late actress Brittany Murphy joining the cast ensemble. Lionsgate Films plans to release the movie in U.S. theaters on August 13, 2010.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers