'American Idol' Releases Season 9 TV Spots
"American Idol" has started pushing the accelerator on promoting the ninth season. Beside releasing a bunch of the judges' photos earlier this week, the show has also started running TV spots that include the new judge, Ellen DeGeneres.
The competition will begin airing on Tuesday, January 12 on FOX with the Boston audition that presents Victoria Adams as the guest judge. Post Paula Abdul's departure in August 2009, celebrities from Joe Jonas to Neil Patrick Harris to Mary J. Blige were hired to sit in as the fourth judge. It was then confirmed in September that Ellen was going to sub for Paula. Her first appearance would be the Hollywood week on February 9.
Another TV spot released is focused on the contestants who auditioned and earned the golden ticket to Hollywood. Simon Cowell said to one of them, "Some people have got it and I think you may have it."
- TV Spot 1
More American Idol News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered