'American Idol' Releases Season 9 TV Spots
"American Idol" has started pushing the accelerator on promoting the ninth season. Beside releasing a bunch of the judges' photos earlier this week, the show has also started running TV spots that include the new judge, Ellen DeGeneres.
The competition will begin airing on Tuesday, January 12 on FOX with the Boston audition that presents Victoria Adams as the guest judge. Post Paula Abdul's departure in August 2009, celebrities from Joe Jonas to Neil Patrick Harris to Mary J. Blige were hired to sit in as the fourth judge. It was then confirmed in September that Ellen was going to sub for Paula. Her first appearance would be the Hollywood week on February 9.
Another TV spot released is focused on the contestants who auditioned and earned the golden ticket to Hollywood. Simon Cowell said to one of them, "Some people have got it and I think you may have it."
- TV Spot 1
- TV Spot 2
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says