'American Idol' Releases Season 9 TV Spots
"American Idol" has started pushing the accelerator on promoting the ninth season. Beside releasing a bunch of the judges' photos earlier this week, the show has also started running TV spots that include the new judge, Ellen DeGeneres.
The competition will begin airing on Tuesday, January 12 on FOX with the Boston audition that presents Victoria Adams as the guest judge. Post Paula Abdul's departure in August 2009, celebrities from Joe Jonas to Neil Patrick Harris to Mary J. Blige were hired to sit in as the fourth judge. It was then confirmed in September that Ellen was going to sub for Paula. Her first appearance would be the Hollywood week on February 9.
Another TV spot released is focused on the contestants who auditioned and earned the golden ticket to Hollywood. Simon Cowell said to one of them, "Some people have got it and I think you may have it."
- TV Spot 1
More American Idol News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik