'American Idol' Releases Season 9 TV Spots
"American Idol" has started pushing the accelerator on promoting the ninth season. Beside releasing a bunch of the judges' photos earlier this week, the show has also started running TV spots that include the new judge, Ellen DeGeneres.
The competition will begin airing on Tuesday, January 12 on FOX with the Boston audition that presents Victoria Adams as the guest judge. Post Paula Abdul's departure in August 2009, celebrities from Joe Jonas to Neil Patrick Harris to Mary J. Blige were hired to sit in as the fourth judge. It was then confirmed in September that Ellen was going to sub for Paula. Her first appearance would be the Hollywood week on February 9.
Another TV spot released is focused on the contestants who auditioned and earned the golden ticket to Hollywood. Simon Cowell said to one of them, "Some people have got it and I think you may have it."
- TV Spot 1
More American Idol News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo