Sony Confirms 'Spider-Man 4' Delay
Sony Pictures has prolonged "Spider-Man 4" holiday hiatus until an undetermined date. A source for the studio has confirmed that production for the film is being postponed. "Some decisions have been made over the holiday about 'Spider-Man 4'. We will be extending the production hiatus on the film," the source told Deadline.
Additionally, the source believes the film may not meet its summer release schedule in May. As for the reason of the delay, an unfinished script has been said as the root of the problem. "The studio is firmly committed to this franchise but, for us, the script must come first," the source further told Deadline.
Back in December 2009, there was rumor that the production for fourth "Spider-Man" film was halted because Sam Raimi and studio heads could not agree upon a villain. The helmer was reported pushing hard for the Vulture to be the villain, but the studio wanted any villain but Vulture. However, the studio later denied the news, insisting that that crew members were merely taking a two-week Christmas break.
"Spider-Man 4" is produced by Avi Arad, Grant Curtis and Laura Ziskin with David Lindsay-Abaire and James Vanderbilt hired to write the script. Meanwhile, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are set to reprise their roles as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role