Sony Confirms 'Spider-Man 4' Delay
Sony Pictures has prolonged "Spider-Man 4" holiday hiatus until an undetermined date. A source for the studio has confirmed that production for the film is being postponed. "Some decisions have been made over the holiday about 'Spider-Man 4'. We will be extending the production hiatus on the film," the source told Deadline.
Additionally, the source believes the film may not meet its summer release schedule in May. As for the reason of the delay, an unfinished script has been said as the root of the problem. "The studio is firmly committed to this franchise but, for us, the script must come first," the source further told Deadline.
Back in December 2009, there was rumor that the production for fourth "Spider-Man" film was halted because Sam Raimi and studio heads could not agree upon a villain. The helmer was reported pushing hard for the Vulture to be the villain, but the studio wanted any villain but Vulture. However, the studio later denied the news, insisting that that crew members were merely taking a two-week Christmas break.
"Spider-Man 4" is produced by Avi Arad, Grant Curtis and Laura Ziskin with David Lindsay-Abaire and James Vanderbilt hired to write the script. Meanwhile, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are set to reprise their roles as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image