Jillian and Ed Canceled Special Announcement on 'Bachelor'
There's apparently another bump along the latest edition of "The Bachelor" beside the reported backstage affair. ABC failed to air the "special announcement" that it has promised to air along with the season premiere on Monday, January 4.
Per Reality TV World, a spokesperson of ABC said the announcement was supposed to be a wedding date of Jillian Harris and Ed Swiderski, the couple who emerged from the last season of "The Bachelorette". The spokesperson explained further, "They were worried about how the announcement would have affected their personal life, so they decided to pull it." The decision was made after Jillian and Ed talked to "Bachelor" producers.
Jillian was the bachelorette who rejected the current bachelor, Jake Pavelka. Ed proposed to her at the end of the show in late May and they reportedly wanted to share the wedding date with Jake on the season 14 premiere. The couple would help Jake first in eliminating 10 contestants based on the first impression before making their own announcement but the promoted footage never went on air eventually.
Meanwhile, decision is also made to prevent male crew of the show to interact with the female contestants vying for Jake's love following the affair between one of the bachelorettes and a producer. "The crew for the show was then instructed not to speak to any of the contestants," a source told OK!. "They were really strict about it. It was just really odd to have the crew not communicate when the women were with them shooting scenes."
More The Bachelor News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels