Jillian and Ed Canceled Special Announcement on 'Bachelor'
There's apparently another bump along the latest edition of "The Bachelor" beside the reported backstage affair. ABC failed to air the "special announcement" that it has promised to air along with the season premiere on Monday, January 4.
Per Reality TV World, a spokesperson of ABC said the announcement was supposed to be a wedding date of Jillian Harris and Ed Swiderski, the couple who emerged from the last season of "The Bachelorette". The spokesperson explained further, "They were worried about how the announcement would have affected their personal life, so they decided to pull it." The decision was made after Jillian and Ed talked to "Bachelor" producers.
Jillian was the bachelorette who rejected the current bachelor, Jake Pavelka. Ed proposed to her at the end of the show in late May and they reportedly wanted to share the wedding date with Jake on the season 14 premiere. The couple would help Jake first in eliminating 10 contestants based on the first impression before making their own announcement but the promoted footage never went on air eventually.
Meanwhile, decision is also made to prevent male crew of the show to interact with the female contestants vying for Jake's love following the affair between one of the bachelorettes and a producer. "The crew for the show was then instructed not to speak to any of the contestants," a source told OK!. "They were really strict about it. It was just really odd to have the crew not communicate when the women were with them shooting scenes."
More The Bachelor News
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video