Russell Brand and Katy Perry Engaged, Have Their Love Blessed in India
It looks like Katy Perry has succeeded in taming her womanizer boyfriend Russell Brand. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker and the Aldous Snow of "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" reportedly have got engaged during their recent holiday in India.
Russell popped the question and presented Katy with a ring just before midnight on New Year's Eve. Wearing traditional Indian outfits, the couple got their relationship blessed by a "love guru" in a private spiritual ceremony taking place in a tent at the foot of a Jaipur mountain, according to The Sun which claimed the engagement report has been confirmed by Russell himself via text message.
"Russell wanted to do something special for Katy to show her how much she means to him," a source revealed. "They wanted to take part in a traditional ceremony and thought there was no better time than on New Year's Eve. The ceremony is usually used to bless new couples in the hope it might lead them toward marriage."
After visiting India, Russell then took Katy to Thailand to celebrate their newly-blessed engagement. When staying in India, Katy took a picture of her and Russell in front of Taj Mahal and shared it on Twitter. "He built this for me," she wrote in accompanying message. The exotic trip to Asia reportedly is given by him as her Christmas gift.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation