'Dune' Taps 'Taken' Director to Replace Peter Berg
Pierre Morel has signed on to direct Paramount Pictures' sci-fi "Dune", Entertainment Weekly has reported. The helmer is chosen to replace Peter Berg, who decided to drop off the project in October 2009 because he has committed to Universal Pictures' upcoming action movie "Battleship".
Starting his career in show business in 2000 as a camera operator, Morel became a cinematographer a year later. He directed his first film "District B13" in 2004, followed by "Taken" in 2008. He additionally has wrapped production for "From Paris with Love", which will be premiered in the U.S. on February 5.
An adaptation of Frank Herbert's classic sci-fi novel of the same title, "Dune" centers on a remote desert planet called Arakis, which is the sole provider of the universally loved spice fuel Melange. A power struggle ensues over who will control the spice.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3