Kim Raver Upped as 'Grey's Anatomy' Regular
With Katherine Heigl and Ellen Pompeo taking maternity leave, "Grey's Anatomy" is looking forward to shift its focus on other characters. One way to fill in the gap is to promote secondary characters to the main, such in the case of Kim Raver.
Previously a recurring, Raver's Teddy Altman has been upped to be a regular starting the second half of season 6. Raver joined the medical drama at the beginning of the season as the cardiology expert who was brought in by Owen. Within two months of her presence at Seattle Grace, Teddy had created quite a stir between Owen and Cristina.
Under the new commitment, Raver has been booked to appear in all but one of the episodes in season 6. The new episodes will begin on Monday, January 14 on ABC.
Owen's depicter himself, Kevin McKidd, was previously a recurring before being promoted to regular in season 5. Around the same time, Jessica Capshaw also received the promotion to recur as Dr. Arizona Robbins.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says