Kim Raver Upped as 'Grey's Anatomy' Regular
With Katherine Heigl and Ellen Pompeo taking maternity leave, "Grey's Anatomy" is looking forward to shift its focus on other characters. One way to fill in the gap is to promote secondary characters to the main, such in the case of Kim Raver.
Previously a recurring, Raver's Teddy Altman has been upped to be a regular starting the second half of season 6. Raver joined the medical drama at the beginning of the season as the cardiology expert who was brought in by Owen. Within two months of her presence at Seattle Grace, Teddy had created quite a stir between Owen and Cristina.
Under the new commitment, Raver has been booked to appear in all but one of the episodes in season 6. The new episodes will begin on Monday, January 14 on ABC.
Owen's depicter himself, Kevin McKidd, was previously a recurring before being promoted to regular in season 5. Around the same time, Jessica Capshaw also received the promotion to recur as Dr. Arizona Robbins.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2