Kim Raver Upped as 'Grey's Anatomy' Regular
With Katherine Heigl and Ellen Pompeo taking maternity leave, "Grey's Anatomy" is looking forward to shift its focus on other characters. One way to fill in the gap is to promote secondary characters to the main, such in the case of Kim Raver.
Previously a recurring, Raver's Teddy Altman has been upped to be a regular starting the second half of season 6. Raver joined the medical drama at the beginning of the season as the cardiology expert who was brought in by Owen. Within two months of her presence at Seattle Grace, Teddy had created quite a stir between Owen and Cristina.
Under the new commitment, Raver has been booked to appear in all but one of the episodes in season 6. The new episodes will begin on Monday, January 14 on ABC.
Owen's depicter himself, Kevin McKidd, was previously a recurring before being promoted to regular in season 5. Around the same time, Jessica Capshaw also received the promotion to recur as Dr. Arizona Robbins.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry