Taylor Swift Won't Be Supergirl
Taylor Swift is apparently not being considered as the depicter of Supergirl. Following report that the country music singer was mentioned for the role of the female superhero, a spokesperson for DC Comics has dismissed it, stating "I'd love to know who the 'Hollywood insider' is, because that's as clueless a thing as I've heard all year."
In December 2009, various sites, including IOL and MTV U.K., reported that Hollywood producers were interested to tap Swift to play the title role in the upcoming "Supergirl" film. "A number of young stars are being mentioned for the title role in a 'Supergirl' movie and possible TV spin-off and Taylor is top of that list. She has all the right elements to be a positive role model to young girls," a Hollywood insider was quoted as saying.
Though Swift may not tackle the role of Supergirl, she can be next seen starring in "Valentine's Day", in which she has a kissing scene with her former real-life dating partner Taylor Lautner. The comedy romance that has star-studded cast ensemble will be premiered in U.S. theaters on February 12.
More Taylor Swift News
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'