Taylor Swift Won't Be Supergirl
Taylor Swift is apparently not being considered as the depicter of Supergirl. Following report that the country music singer was mentioned for the role of the female superhero, a spokesperson for DC Comics has dismissed it, stating "I'd love to know who the 'Hollywood insider' is, because that's as clueless a thing as I've heard all year."
In December 2009, various sites, including IOL and MTV U.K., reported that Hollywood producers were interested to tap Swift to play the title role in the upcoming "Supergirl" film. "A number of young stars are being mentioned for the title role in a 'Supergirl' movie and possible TV spin-off and Taylor is top of that list. She has all the right elements to be a positive role model to young girls," a Hollywood insider was quoted as saying.
Though Swift may not tackle the role of Supergirl, she can be next seen starring in "Valentine's Day", in which she has a kissing scene with her former real-life dating partner Taylor Lautner. The comedy romance that has star-studded cast ensemble will be premiered in U.S. theaters on February 12.
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo