Taylor Swift Won't Be Supergirl
Taylor Swift is apparently not being considered as the depicter of Supergirl. Following report that the country music singer was mentioned for the role of the female superhero, a spokesperson for DC Comics has dismissed it, stating "I'd love to know who the 'Hollywood insider' is, because that's as clueless a thing as I've heard all year."
In December 2009, various sites, including IOL and MTV U.K., reported that Hollywood producers were interested to tap Swift to play the title role in the upcoming "Supergirl" film. "A number of young stars are being mentioned for the title role in a 'Supergirl' movie and possible TV spin-off and Taylor is top of that list. She has all the right elements to be a positive role model to young girls," a Hollywood insider was quoted as saying.
Though Swift may not tackle the role of Supergirl, she can be next seen starring in "Valentine's Day", in which she has a kissing scene with her former real-life dating partner Taylor Lautner. The comedy romance that has star-studded cast ensemble will be premiered in U.S. theaters on February 12.
More Taylor Swift News
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity