Kanye West Blogging About Making New Album, Vowing to Bring the Best
Kanye West wrote on his official blog that he has started working on his next studio album. The rapper who avoided the spotlight following 2009 MTV Video Music Awards which saw him interrupting Taylor Swift's Best Female Video acceptance speech also shared what inspires him for the forthcoming record.
Kanye began his post which was written in all-cap letters by thanking fans for their on-going support. He then continued, "I will bring you the best I have to offer with the same dedication that Kobe [Bryant] has on the court. It's funny how so many rappers get worse as their careers stretch out but true poets get better."
Kanye went on citing his inspirations, "We will follow in the footsteps of Maya Angelou, Gill Scott Herron and Nina Simone. Their work improved with time. They documented what was happening in culture. That is our responsibility as the modern day artists and poets, to accurately represent what is happening now, so when the powers that be try to rewrite history you can always look at our works and find truth and sincerity in a world of processed information."
"Let us soak in positive forces and look down on upon those who masquerade as truth tellers and objective fact givers when in reality everything that is projected has an agenda of brainwashing us, the 'consumer', the public, to believe what they want us to. Let us look past headlines and deal with just a bit of reality in this new decade. We have our own outlets now. We don't have to believe everything anymore. Now I'll figure out a way to make that rhyme."
More Kanye West News
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series