Kanye West Blogging About Making New Album, Vowing to Bring the Best
Kanye West wrote on his official blog that he has started working on his next studio album. The rapper who avoided the spotlight following 2009 MTV Video Music Awards which saw him interrupting Taylor Swift's Best Female Video acceptance speech also shared what inspires him for the forthcoming record.
Kanye began his post which was written in all-cap letters by thanking fans for their on-going support. He then continued, "I will bring you the best I have to offer with the same dedication that Kobe [Bryant] has on the court. It's funny how so many rappers get worse as their careers stretch out but true poets get better."
Kanye went on citing his inspirations, "We will follow in the footsteps of Maya Angelou, Gill Scott Herron and Nina Simone. Their work improved with time. They documented what was happening in culture. That is our responsibility as the modern day artists and poets, to accurately represent what is happening now, so when the powers that be try to rewrite history you can always look at our works and find truth and sincerity in a world of processed information."
"Let us soak in positive forces and look down on upon those who masquerade as truth tellers and objective fact givers when in reality everything that is projected has an agenda of brainwashing us, the 'consumer', the public, to believe what they want us to. Let us look past headlines and deal with just a bit of reality in this new decade. We have our own outlets now. We don't have to believe everything anymore. Now I'll figure out a way to make that rhyme."
More Kanye West News
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson