Matthew McConaughey and Girlfriend Camila Alves Welcome Baby Girl
Matthew McConaughey has another child as his model girlfriend Camila Alves gave birth to a baby girl on January 3, 2010. He announced on his official website that the bundle of joy was born at 12:13 A.M. and weighed in at 7 lbs., 7 oz. The actor named the newborn baby Vida Alves McConaughey.
" 'Vida' is Portuguese for 'life' and that's what God gave us this morning," the actor wrote. "Camila's recovering wonderfully and we are both truly honored to welcome this little lady into our family.... Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers along the way, another blessed day, we give thanks."
Vida is Matthew's first daughter with Camila, a Brazilian model whom he began dating since 2006. She joined big brother Levi Alves McConaughey who was born on July 7, 2008.
When Matthew and Camila announced her second pregnancy in June 2009, they chose not to find out the sex of the baby. Instead, he encouraged fans to guess stating, "Not sure if it's a boy or girl but we have our instincts. What are you thinking?"
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound