Matthew McConaughey and Girlfriend Camila Alves Welcome Baby Girl
Matthew McConaughey has another child as his model girlfriend Camila Alves gave birth to a baby girl on January 3, 2010. He announced on his official website that the bundle of joy was born at 12:13 A.M. and weighed in at 7 lbs., 7 oz. The actor named the newborn baby Vida Alves McConaughey.
" 'Vida' is Portuguese for 'life' and that's what God gave us this morning," the actor wrote. "Camila's recovering wonderfully and we are both truly honored to welcome this little lady into our family.... Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers along the way, another blessed day, we give thanks."
Vida is Matthew's first daughter with Camila, a Brazilian model whom he began dating since 2006. She joined big brother Levi Alves McConaughey who was born on July 7, 2008.
When Matthew and Camila announced her second pregnancy in June 2009, they chose not to find out the sex of the baby. Instead, he encouraged fans to guess stating, "Not sure if it's a boy or girl but we have our instincts. What are you thinking?"
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'