Kaleidoscope 2009: Important Movie Events (Part 4/4)
Summer has passed and the look back at the year of 2009 draws to a close. Through this final quarter, AceShowbiz reminisces what had happened during the holidays and when the award season takes over the movie industry once again. From the astonishing box office success of indie phenomenon "Paranormal Activity" in October to the unveiling of the much questioned War Machine of "Iron Man 2" in November to "Up in the Air" dominating awards in December, the last three months of 2009 were filled with many stories from Hollywood's past and future projects.
"Paranormal Activity" has become the talk of the town throughout the month of October. Being set for a release in 13 different "college towns" across the United States in late September, this independent horror film went on to get a wide release in a matter of weeks due to the overwhelming demand from hundreds of thousands of fans. But, its real surprise story came on October 11 by the end of its third week in theaters. Played in narrow release of just 160 cinemas, the movie which was made with a $11,000 budget shot to #4 at the North American box office. Two weeks later, it finally conquered the chart, denying "Saw VI" a chance to taste the top spot.
- Other major events of the month:
- Oct 01: Director Michael Bay confirmed that "Transformers 3" release date has been moved up from July 1, 2012 to July 1, 2011.
- Oct 01: Director Quentin Tarantino revealed plan for "Kill Bill 3".
- Oct 01: "Friday the 13th Part 2" secured an August 13, 2010 U.S. release.
- Oct 06: Despite report to the contrary, Fox didn't acquire the screening rights to "Bond" franchise.
- Oct 08: Screen Gems came out with the official cast and story of "Resident Evil: Afterlife".
- Oct 11: "Paranormal Activity" gave one box office surprise after receiving a daylong release.
- Oct 12: Official trailer of "Toy Story 3" finally arrived.
- Nov 03: Steve Martin and Alex Baldwin announced as co-hosts of 2010 Oscars.
- Nov 04: Angelina Jolie's "Salt" debuted first teaser trailer.
- Nov 10: "Kick-Ass" welcomed first official teaser trailer.
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated