Van Morrison Has Newborn Son at 64
In his ripe age, Van Morrison welcomed another brood to the family. The 64-year-old singer announced on his website that a son has been born on Monday, December 28 out of his very private relationship with Gigi Lee.
"Gigi and Van Morrison are proud to announce the birth of their first born son, George Ivan Morrison III," the Belfast-born Morrison said in a statement. "Little Van, born Dec 28, 2009 - the spitting image of his daddy. He is a dual citizen of Northern Ireland/United Kingdom and the United States."
Out of respect for the child's privacy, a spokesman for Morrison said the exact time and location of the birth will be kept private.
Van Morrison has had a 39-year-old daughter named Shana Morrison who is also a singer-songwriter. Shana was born to Van and his first wife Janet "Planet" Minto who got divorced in 1973. Little is known about Van's relationship with Gigi but the spokesperson said Gigi is his manager and executive producer of his recent concert DVD, " 'Astral Weeks' Live at the Hollywood Bowl".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences