Van Morrison Has Newborn Son at 64
In his ripe age, Van Morrison welcomed another brood to the family. The 64-year-old singer announced on his website that a son has been born on Monday, December 28 out of his very private relationship with Gigi Lee.
"Gigi and Van Morrison are proud to announce the birth of their first born son, George Ivan Morrison III," the Belfast-born Morrison said in a statement. "Little Van, born Dec 28, 2009 - the spitting image of his daddy. He is a dual citizen of Northern Ireland/United Kingdom and the United States."
Out of respect for the child's privacy, a spokesman for Morrison said the exact time and location of the birth will be kept private.
Van Morrison has had a 39-year-old daughter named Shana Morrison who is also a singer-songwriter. Shana was born to Van and his first wife Janet "Planet" Minto who got divorced in 1973. Little is known about Van's relationship with Gigi but the spokesperson said Gigi is his manager and executive producer of his recent concert DVD, " 'Astral Weeks' Live at the Hollywood Bowl".
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test