Van Morrison Has Newborn Son at 64
In his ripe age, Van Morrison welcomed another brood to the family. The 64-year-old singer announced on his website that a son has been born on Monday, December 28 out of his very private relationship with Gigi Lee.
"Gigi and Van Morrison are proud to announce the birth of their first born son, George Ivan Morrison III," the Belfast-born Morrison said in a statement. "Little Van, born Dec 28, 2009 - the spitting image of his daddy. He is a dual citizen of Northern Ireland/United Kingdom and the United States."
Out of respect for the child's privacy, a spokesman for Morrison said the exact time and location of the birth will be kept private.
Van Morrison has had a 39-year-old daughter named Shana Morrison who is also a singer-songwriter. Shana was born to Van and his first wife Janet "Planet" Minto who got divorced in 1973. Little is known about Van's relationship with Gigi but the spokesperson said Gigi is his manager and executive producer of his recent concert DVD, " 'Astral Weeks' Live at the Hollywood Bowl".
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd