Artist of the Week: Three Days Grace
Three Days Grace reigned Billboard's Rock Songs chart in 2009 with their single "Break". They won over the likes of Breaking Benjamin, Muse, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters and Shinedown among others.
In addition, "Break" also marks their return to No. 1 spot of Billboard's Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. This band previously ruled the chart with "Pain", which is taken from their second album "One-X", in December 2006.
"Break" appears in the band's third studio project "Life Starts Now". The track tells about the band's effort to break away from bad influences. "It's pretty much just breaking out and letting loose. You don't have to be stuck in whatever it is you're dealing with," guitarist Barry Stock said during an interview.
"Life Starts Now" itself was released across United States on September 22. it debuted at No. 3 on Billboard Hot 200 with 79,000 copies, becoming the band's highest-charting album to date. It also cracked the Top 5 on Billboard's Top Rock Albums chart.
On what the inspiration behind the album is, frontman Adam Gontier said, "The events of the past few years have made us more aware of what life really can be. So the album is about taking the situation that you're in, no matter how bad it feels, and making the best of it. Lyrically, most of the songs are based around that idea."
Three Days Grace have announced three headlining concerts with Chevelle and Flyleaf. They are going to rock Erie on February 4, perform in Albany the next day and resume it with a concert in Wilkes-Barre on February 6.
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks
- Calvin Harris Premieres Beachy Music Video for 'Feels' Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell and Big Sean
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit