Artist of the Week: Three Days Grace
Three Days Grace reigned Billboard's Rock Songs chart in 2009 with their single "Break". They won over the likes of Breaking Benjamin, Muse, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters and Shinedown among others.
In addition, "Break" also marks their return to No. 1 spot of Billboard's Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. This band previously ruled the chart with "Pain", which is taken from their second album "One-X", in December 2006.
"Break" appears in the band's third studio project "Life Starts Now". The track tells about the band's effort to break away from bad influences. "It's pretty much just breaking out and letting loose. You don't have to be stuck in whatever it is you're dealing with," guitarist Barry Stock said during an interview.
"Life Starts Now" itself was released across United States on September 22. it debuted at No. 3 on Billboard Hot 200 with 79,000 copies, becoming the band's highest-charting album to date. It also cracked the Top 5 on Billboard's Top Rock Albums chart.
On what the inspiration behind the album is, frontman Adam Gontier said, "The events of the past few years have made us more aware of what life really can be. So the album is about taking the situation that you're in, no matter how bad it feels, and making the best of it. Lyrically, most of the songs are based around that idea."
Three Days Grace have announced three headlining concerts with Chevelle and Flyleaf. They are going to rock Erie on February 4, perform in Albany the next day and resume it with a concert in Wilkes-Barre on February 6.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip