Parents Happy for Newly Engaged Mike Fisher and Carrie Underwood
Jim and Karen Fisher, parents to Carrie Underwood's fiance Mike Fisher, are "very happy" about their son's recent engagement to the music performer. "Both Karen and I were quite excited, we're very happy for them," Jim tells Canadian paper the Peterborough Examiner. "We've got to know her quite well over the last year and she's a great girl. We just think they make a great couple."
When asked about his son and Carrie's wedding plans, Jim remains mum though. "They're staying pretty private ... They haven't gone into a lot of detail," says the older Fisher. "I can't comment on that ... He didn't so I'm not."
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher began dating earlier this year. Nevertheless, it wasn't until recently that they went public with their romance, with the "American Idol" alum giving Mike a credit on the liner notes of her new CD, "Play On".
On Monday, December 21, Carrie's representative publicly confirmed her engagement to Mike, who is a hockey player. Later that day, Carrie was spotted flashing her engagement ring while attending Mike's game against the Boston Bruins in Ottawa.
More Carrie Underwood News
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments