Parents Happy for Newly Engaged Mike Fisher and Carrie Underwood
Jim and Karen Fisher, parents to Carrie Underwood's fiance Mike Fisher, are "very happy" about their son's recent engagement to the music performer. "Both Karen and I were quite excited, we're very happy for them," Jim tells Canadian paper the Peterborough Examiner. "We've got to know her quite well over the last year and she's a great girl. We just think they make a great couple."
When asked about his son and Carrie's wedding plans, Jim remains mum though. "They're staying pretty private ... They haven't gone into a lot of detail," says the older Fisher. "I can't comment on that ... He didn't so I'm not."
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher began dating earlier this year. Nevertheless, it wasn't until recently that they went public with their romance, with the "American Idol" alum giving Mike a credit on the liner notes of her new CD, "Play On".
On Monday, December 21, Carrie's representative publicly confirmed her engagement to Mike, who is a hockey player. Later that day, Carrie was spotted flashing her engagement ring while attending Mike's game against the Boston Bruins in Ottawa.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years