Parents Happy for Newly Engaged Mike Fisher and Carrie Underwood
Jim and Karen Fisher, parents to Carrie Underwood's fiance Mike Fisher, are "very happy" about their son's recent engagement to the music performer. "Both Karen and I were quite excited, we're very happy for them," Jim tells Canadian paper the Peterborough Examiner. "We've got to know her quite well over the last year and she's a great girl. We just think they make a great couple."
When asked about his son and Carrie's wedding plans, Jim remains mum though. "They're staying pretty private ... They haven't gone into a lot of detail," says the older Fisher. "I can't comment on that ... He didn't so I'm not."
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher began dating earlier this year. Nevertheless, it wasn't until recently that they went public with their romance, with the "American Idol" alum giving Mike a credit on the liner notes of her new CD, "Play On".
On Monday, December 21, Carrie's representative publicly confirmed her engagement to Mike, who is a hockey player. Later that day, Carrie was spotted flashing her engagement ring while attending Mike's game against the Boston Bruins in Ottawa.
More Carrie Underwood News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie