Parents Happy for Newly Engaged Mike Fisher and Carrie Underwood
Jim and Karen Fisher, parents to Carrie Underwood's fiance Mike Fisher, are "very happy" about their son's recent engagement to the music performer. "Both Karen and I were quite excited, we're very happy for them," Jim tells Canadian paper the Peterborough Examiner. "We've got to know her quite well over the last year and she's a great girl. We just think they make a great couple."
When asked about his son and Carrie's wedding plans, Jim remains mum though. "They're staying pretty private ... They haven't gone into a lot of detail," says the older Fisher. "I can't comment on that ... He didn't so I'm not."
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher began dating earlier this year. Nevertheless, it wasn't until recently that they went public with their romance, with the "American Idol" alum giving Mike a credit on the liner notes of her new CD, "Play On".
On Monday, December 21, Carrie's representative publicly confirmed her engagement to Mike, who is a hockey player. Later that day, Carrie was spotted flashing her engagement ring while attending Mike's game against the Boston Bruins in Ottawa.
More Carrie Underwood News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set