Ridley Scott Wants 3-D Treatment for 'Robin Hood'
"Robin Hood" could be one of Hollywood movies which are released in 3-D theaters. According to The Wrap, a source close to the project told them that director Ridley Scott "is breathing down the neck of executives" at Universal Pictures to give an approval for making a 3-D version of his action adventure film.
Additionally, the site claimed they have got information from a knowledgeable source who said it would cost only an additional $7 to $8 million to create a 3-D version of "Robin Hood." The extra money that will be needed for the 3-D conversion is considerably small compared to $200 million that has been spent on the epic movie.
Based on the Robin Hood legend, the film follows Sir Robin Hood of Locksley, Earl of Huntington, who has returned to Nottingham after fighting in the Third Crusade and finding the oppression caused by the new Sheriff of Nottingham. Using his intelligence and military skills, he tries to free his home village from tyranny and corruption in England.
Initially entitled "Nottingham", "Robin Hood" has Russell Crowe starring as the title character with Cate Blanchett, Matthew Macfadyen, Mark Strong, and Danny Huston in supporting roles. The movie is planned to hit U.S. theaters on May 14, 2010.
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'