Rep Confirms Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher's Engagement
It's official, Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher are engaged. A representative for the "American Idol" alum said in a press release issued Monday, December 21, "I'm happy to confirm that Carrie Underwood is engaged to Mike Fisher, and the couple couldn't be happier. No wedding date has been set at this time."
No further information was shared with the press by the representative, but the Toronto Sun reported Mike already spoke out about his engagement to Carrie. The hockey player was quoted as saying, "It's true. We're both obviously excited and very happy."
In the meantime, it is said Mike, 29, proposed to Carrie, 26, at his home in his native Canada on Sunday afternoon, December 20 and then shared the good news to his friends later that day.
Since they began dating earlier this year, Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher had been keeping their romance under the radar. It wasn't until recently that they came clean about the state of their relationship, with the singer giving Mike a credit on the liner notes of her new CD, "Play On".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie