Rep Confirms Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher's Engagement
It's official, Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher are engaged. A representative for the "American Idol" alum said in a press release issued Monday, December 21, "I'm happy to confirm that Carrie Underwood is engaged to Mike Fisher, and the couple couldn't be happier. No wedding date has been set at this time."
No further information was shared with the press by the representative, but the Toronto Sun reported Mike already spoke out about his engagement to Carrie. The hockey player was quoted as saying, "It's true. We're both obviously excited and very happy."
In the meantime, it is said Mike, 29, proposed to Carrie, 26, at his home in his native Canada on Sunday afternoon, December 20 and then shared the good news to his friends later that day.
Since they began dating earlier this year, Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher had been keeping their romance under the radar. It wasn't until recently that they came clean about the state of their relationship, with the singer giving Mike a credit on the liner notes of her new CD, "Play On".
More Carrie Underwood News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'