New Posters of 'Nurse Jackie' and 'United States of Tara'
Showtime has released the first sneak peek to two of its returning shows, "Nurse Jackie" and "United States of Tara". The dark comedy shows will enter its 12-episode second season starting March 22 at 10/9c and 10.30/9.30 respectively.
"Nurse Jackie" is centering on the titular character played by Edie Falco. She is a brilliant nurse, the kind that patients desperately need. However, she herself is very flawed, needing Vicodin or other pills to get through her days and keeping her married life to have an affair with her co-worker.
Meanwhile, "United States of Tara" is about a suburban wife and mother of three, played by Toni Collette, who is suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder. She has various identities appearing every now and then such as a flirtatious teenager named T and a gun-loving male named Buck.
Both Falco and Collette are nominated at the upcoming Screen Actors Guild Awards as Outstanding Performance by a Female Actress in a Comedy. They will have to battle Christina Applegate from "Samantha Who?", Tina Fey from "30 Rock" and Julia Louis-Dreyfus from "The New Adventures of Old Christine". Winners will be revealed on January 23.
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram