Coen Brothers' 'True Grit' Casting for Leading Lady
Academy Award-winning filmmakers Joel and Ethan Coen have been moving forward with "True Grit". The directors are currently looking for a 12-16 years old Caucasian girl to play lead role of Mattie in the upcoming movie.
On the casting call, Mattie is described as a 14-year-old simple, tough, young woman who lives in post-Civil War Arkansas. "Her unusually steely nerves and straightforward manner are often surprising to those she meets. She possessed plenty of true grit and determination," so read the announcement. The character will go with two marshals to hunt down her father's killer. Details of the casting call can been seen at www.truegritcasting.com.
"True Grit" will be a remake of 1969 Western movie of the same title that helped John Wayne earning his Oscar. However, the new film will not be a straight remake of the original film. Thus, instead of focusing on Wayne's character Rooster Cogburn, the upcoming drama will center on Mattie.
Jeff Bridges is attached to star as one of the marshals, while Matt Damon has been rumored to join him in the hunt. Josh Brolin, additionally, is reported to take the role of the killer. Beside serving behind the lens, the Coen brothers also write the script alongside Scott Rudin. The adventure movie is going to start its shooting in Spring 2010.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos