Coen Brothers' 'True Grit' Casting for Leading Lady
Academy Award-winning filmmakers Joel and Ethan Coen have been moving forward with "True Grit". The directors are currently looking for a 12-16 years old Caucasian girl to play lead role of Mattie in the upcoming movie.
On the casting call, Mattie is described as a 14-year-old simple, tough, young woman who lives in post-Civil War Arkansas. "Her unusually steely nerves and straightforward manner are often surprising to those she meets. She possessed plenty of true grit and determination," so read the announcement. The character will go with two marshals to hunt down her father's killer. Details of the casting call can been seen at www.truegritcasting.com.
"True Grit" will be a remake of 1969 Western movie of the same title that helped John Wayne earning his Oscar. However, the new film will not be a straight remake of the original film. Thus, instead of focusing on Wayne's character Rooster Cogburn, the upcoming drama will center on Mattie.
Jeff Bridges is attached to star as one of the marshals, while Matt Damon has been rumored to join him in the hunt. Josh Brolin, additionally, is reported to take the role of the killer. Beside serving behind the lens, the Coen brothers also write the script alongside Scott Rudin. The adventure movie is going to start its shooting in Spring 2010.
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot