Kate Gosselin Relieved That Divorce to Jon Has Been Finalized
The marriage of estranged TV personalities, Kate Gosselin and Jon Gosselin, has been officially dissolved and Kate couldn't be happier about it. Judge Arthur Tilson signed the pair's final divorce papers on Friday, December 18, affirming their single status in the eyes of the law.
"I am very relieved that our divorce has been finalized, and I look forward to the New Year, focusing on the children," Kate said in a statement as quoted by TMZ, which was the first to report the story. "On behalf of myself and my legal team, I want to express my deep appreciation to the Judge and his staff, as well as to the arbitrator, for resolving this case." The mother of eight children added, "This has been a challenging transition for all of us, but I am confident that we will move ahead with the important task of restructuring our lives."
In related news, Kate's attorney Mark Momjian confirmed his client gets the family home in eastern Pennsylvania and will also continue as the primary caretaker of their children. "Our client will continue to reside with all eight of her children in the former marital home," Mark told TMZ, adding "We are very pleased with the final outcome."
As for Jon, his representative issued a statement to the press, stating "While the arbitration proceedings are still a work in progress, Jon and Kate will remain binded in their commitment to their eight wonderful children. Jon is confident that he and Kate will be able to move forward in a fashion that will be in the best interest of the Gosselin family."
Kate Gosselin and Jon Gosselin got married in June 1999. They are parents to twins Cara and Madelyn, and sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah and Joel. The family previously had their lives being taped for hit TV show "Jon & Kate Plus 8". Amid the success of the reality series, the pair announced their separation before then officially filing for divorce in June this year.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny