'Rescue Me' Wants Maura Tierney Back
"Rescue Me" team is hoping that Maura Tierney could return to the show after the actress is well enough to get back to work. Tierney was diagnosed with breast tumor earlier this year and had to abandon her commitment to "Parenthood" although she had shot the pilot. Her role has since been given to Lauren Graham.
Nevertheless, Tierney is still a recurring on "Rescue Me" as Kelly McPhee. Executive Producer Peter Tolan told People during Hollywood Radio and Television Society luncheon that he has a plan to make McPhee come back for seventh season.
"We are just about finished writing the entire sixth season, which is about 10 episodes, and then there are nine more [for season 7]," Tolan said, "so we know we're going to bring back Maura Tierney, because we loved her and she loved us, which is even more fulfilling."
Tierney is recuperating from her surgery to remove the tumor and is expected to be well enough for a production in Spring 2010. In response to the invitation, her representative said that the actress "would love to come back to Rescue Me if possible."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby