'Rescue Me' Wants Maura Tierney Back
"Rescue Me" team is hoping that Maura Tierney could return to the show after the actress is well enough to get back to work. Tierney was diagnosed with breast tumor earlier this year and had to abandon her commitment to "Parenthood" although she had shot the pilot. Her role has since been given to Lauren Graham.
Nevertheless, Tierney is still a recurring on "Rescue Me" as Kelly McPhee. Executive Producer Peter Tolan told People during Hollywood Radio and Television Society luncheon that he has a plan to make McPhee come back for seventh season.
"We are just about finished writing the entire sixth season, which is about 10 episodes, and then there are nine more [for season 7]," Tolan said, "so we know we're going to bring back Maura Tierney, because we loved her and she loved us, which is even more fulfilling."
Tierney is recuperating from her surgery to remove the tumor and is expected to be well enough for a production in Spring 2010. In response to the invitation, her representative said that the actress "would love to come back to Rescue Me if possible."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal