'Rescue Me' Wants Maura Tierney Back
"Rescue Me" team is hoping that Maura Tierney could return to the show after the actress is well enough to get back to work. Tierney was diagnosed with breast tumor earlier this year and had to abandon her commitment to "Parenthood" although she had shot the pilot. Her role has since been given to Lauren Graham.
Nevertheless, Tierney is still a recurring on "Rescue Me" as Kelly McPhee. Executive Producer Peter Tolan told People during Hollywood Radio and Television Society luncheon that he has a plan to make McPhee come back for seventh season.
"We are just about finished writing the entire sixth season, which is about 10 episodes, and then there are nine more [for season 7]," Tolan said, "so we know we're going to bring back Maura Tierney, because we loved her and she loved us, which is even more fulfilling."
Tierney is recuperating from her surgery to remove the tumor and is expected to be well enough for a production in Spring 2010. In response to the invitation, her representative said that the actress "would love to come back to Rescue Me if possible."
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger