Idina Menzel's Role on 'Glee' Not Yet Confirmed
Although the news have spread that Idina Menzel will guest star on "Glee", creator Ryan Murphy is still clueless about what to do with the actress. Rumors suggested that she would either be the biological mother of Lea Michele's character Rachel or the coach of McKinley High's rival glee club, Vocal Adrenaline. However, the fact is Murphy hasn't figured out anything.
When met at Hollywood Radio and Television Society panel on Wednesday, December 16, Murphy told People, "I don't know what I'm doing with Idina yet." He added, "I just met with her once. It sort of got leaked, but I haven't plotted it out yet."
Menzel's participation on the musical drama was confirmed when cast member Chris Colfer told The AP, "We had Kristin [Chenoweth] now Idina's coming. I can't even fathom that. I can't even talk about it. I am so, so excited." While he can't say anything yet about Menzel, Murphy could confirm that Kristin Chenoweth will be back as April Rhodes.
"I know Kristin has a huge episode," Murphy said of the character who is a former Glee club member. "She's coming back because we write that for her, but there are some other people coming that I can't say, but they are big music people, so I'm very excited!"
FOX is suspending the second half of season 1 up until April 13. It will be paired with the performance night of "American Idol" on Tuesday nights.
More Glee News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce