Idina Menzel's Role on 'Glee' Not Yet Confirmed
Although the news have spread that Idina Menzel will guest star on "Glee", creator Ryan Murphy is still clueless about what to do with the actress. Rumors suggested that she would either be the biological mother of Lea Michele's character Rachel or the coach of McKinley High's rival glee club, Vocal Adrenaline. However, the fact is Murphy hasn't figured out anything.
When met at Hollywood Radio and Television Society panel on Wednesday, December 16, Murphy told People, "I don't know what I'm doing with Idina yet." He added, "I just met with her once. It sort of got leaked, but I haven't plotted it out yet."
Menzel's participation on the musical drama was confirmed when cast member Chris Colfer told The AP, "We had Kristin [Chenoweth] now Idina's coming. I can't even fathom that. I can't even talk about it. I am so, so excited." While he can't say anything yet about Menzel, Murphy could confirm that Kristin Chenoweth will be back as April Rhodes.
"I know Kristin has a huge episode," Murphy said of the character who is a former Glee club member. "She's coming back because we write that for her, but there are some other people coming that I can't say, but they are big music people, so I'm very excited!"
FOX is suspending the second half of season 1 up until April 13. It will be paired with the performance night of "American Idol" on Tuesday nights.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her