Confirmed, Amanda Seyfried to Leave 'Big Love'
Getting her big break as Meryl Streep's daughter in "Mamma Mia!", Amanda Seyfried feels that her path should move toward that direction. The actress who started her acting career in soap operas like "All My Children" will thus leave "Big Love" where she plays regular character Sarah Henrickson.
In an exclusive report, TV Guide magazine obtained the confirmation from the show's creator Will Scheffer. In a statement, Scheffer said, "She's been exploring her movie career for a couple of years now, and we've been giving her a lot of room to do that. I know having a commitment to a show for six months definitely cuts into her ability to pursue that career."
Seyfried will still be in the upcoming fourth season, up until the eighth episode. Sarah will get married in the third episode against her parents' consent, and "she's moving away" in the eighth, Scheffer revealed.
The fourth season of "Big Love" begins January 10 on HBO.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift