List of 16th Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominees
Next year's list of Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations puts three films and three television shows under three categories. In terms of number, critics' choice "Up in the Air" is battling it out with "Inglourious Basterds" and "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" while "30 Rock" gets heavy competition from "Dexter" and "The Closer".
The nominees that were read out on Thursday, December 17, also revealed that several actors receive multiple nominations. In motion picture category, Penelope Cruz earns two for starring in "Nine". In television, Tina Fey scores also two for being the lead of "30 Rock". Her co-star Alec Baldwin is also having two chances to walk away with an award.
Nomination by studio for theatrical motion pictures is led by Paramount Pictures which distributes "Up in the Air", "The Lovely Bones" and "Star Trek". Meanwhile, nomination by television network is dominated by NBC which is the home for "30 Rock" and "The Office".
Nomination by SAG is especially significant to estimate which movies would probably get a slot at the 2010 Oscars. A gala to reveal the winners and hand out the prizes will be held on January 23 in Los Angeles. TNT and CBS will broadcast it live starting 8 P.M. ET/PT. Betty White will receive a lifetime achievement award for her contribution in the acting world.
Full Nominees of 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards:
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A MALE ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE:
Jeff Bridges - "Crazy Heart"
George Clooney - "Up in the Air"
Colin Firth - "A Single Man"
Morgan Freeman - "Invictus"
Jeremy Renner - "The Hurt Locker"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A FEMALE ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE:
Sandra Bullock - "The Blind Side"
Helen Mirren - "The Last Station"
Carey Mulligan - "An Education"
Gabourey Sidibe - "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"
Meryl Streep - "Julie & Julia"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A MALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:
Matt Damon - "Invictus"
Woody Harrelson - "The Messenger (2009)"
Christopher Plummer - "The Last Station"
Stanley Tucci - "The Lovely Bones"
Christoph Waltz - "Inglourious Basterds"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A FEMALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:
Penelope Cruz - "Nine"
Vera Farmiga - "Up in the Air"
Anna Kendrick - "Up in the Air"
Mo'Nique - "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"
Diane Kruger - "Inglourious Basterds"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A CAST IN A MOTION PICTURE:
- "An Education": Dominic Cooper, Alfred Molina, Carey Mulligan, Rosamund Pike, Olivia Williams
- "The Hurt Locker": Christian Camargo, Brian Geraghty, Evangeline Lilly, Anthony Mackie, Jeremy Renner
- "Inglourious Basterds": Michael Fassbender, Sylvester Groth, Jacky Ido, Diane Kruger, Melanie Laurent, Denis Menochet, Mike Myers, Brad Pitt, Eli Roth, Til Schweiger, Rod Taylor, Christoph Waltz, Martin Wuttke
- "Nine": Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, Daniel Day-Lewis, Judi Dench, Stacy Ferguson, Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman, Sophia Loren
- "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire": Mariah Carey, Lenny Kravitz, Mo'Nique, Paula Patton, Sherri Shepherd, Gabourey Sidibe
"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A MALE ACTOR IN A TELEVISION MOVIE OR MINISERIES:
Kevin Bacon - "Taking Chance"
Cuba Gooding Jr. - "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story"
Jeremy Irons - "Georgia O'Keeffe"
Kevin Kline - "Great Performances: Cyrano de Bergerac"
Tom Wilkinson - "A Number"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A FEMALE ACTOR IN A TELEVISION MOVIE OR MINISERIES:
Joan Allen - "Georgia O'Keeffe"
Drew Barrymore - "Grey Gardens"
Ruby Dee - "America"
Jessica Lange - "Grey Gardens"
Sigourney Weaver - "Prayers for Bobby"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A MALE ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES:
Simon Baker - "The Mentalist"
Bryan Cranston - "Breaking Bad"
Michael C. Hall - "Dexter"
Jon Hamm - "Mad Men"
Hugh Laurie - "House M.D."
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A FEMALE ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES:
Patricia Arquette - "Medium"
Glenn Close - "Damages"
Mariska Hargitay - "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"
Holly Hunter - "Saving Grace"
Julianna Margulies - "The Good Wife"
Kyra Sedgwick - "The Closer"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A MALE ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES:
Alec Baldwin - "30 Rock"
Steve Carell - "The Office"
Larry David - "Curb Your Enthusiasm"
Tony Shalhoub - "Monk"
Charlie Sheen - "Two and a Half Men"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A FEMALE ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES:
Christina Applegate - "Samantha Who?"
Toni Collette - "United States of Tara"
Edie Falco - "Nurse Jackie"
Tina Fey - "30 Rock"
Julia Louis-Dreyfus - "The New Adventures of Old Christine"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY AN ENSEMBLE IN A DRAMA SERIES:
- "The Closer": G.W. Bailey, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Tony Denison, Robert Gossett, Phillip P. Keene, Corey Reynolds, Kyra Sedgwick, J.K. Simmons, Jon Tenney.
- "Dexter": Preston Bailey, Julie Benz, Jennifer Carpenter, Courtney Ford, Michael C. Hall, Desmond Harrington, C.S. Lee, John Lithgow, Rick Peters, James Remar, David Zayas.
- "The Good Wife": Christine Baranski, Josh Charles, Matt Czuchry, Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, Graham Phillips, MacKenzie Vega.
- "Mad Men": Alexa Alemanni, Bryan Batt, Jared S. Gilmore, Michael Gladis, Jon Hamm, Jared Harris, Christina Hendricks, January Jones, Elisabeth Moss, Kiernan Shipka, John Slattery, Rich Sommer, Christopher Stanley, Aaron Staton.
- "True Blood": Chris Bauer, Mehcad Brooks, Anna Camp, Nelsan Ellis, Michelle Forbes, Mariana Klaveno, Ryan Kwanten, Todd Lowe, Michael McMillian, Stephen Moyer, Anna Paquin, Jim Parrack, Carrie Preston, Sam Trammel, Rutina Wesley, Deborah Ann Woll.
- "30 Rock": Scott Adsit, Alec Baldwin, Katrina Bowden, Kevin Brown, Grizz Chapman, Tina Fey, Judah Friedlander, Jane Krakowski, John Lutz, Jack McBrayer, Tracy Morgan, Keith Powell.
- "Curb Your Enthusiasm": Larry David, Susie Essman, Jeff Garlin, Cheryl Hines.
- "Glee": Diana Agron, Chris Colfer, Jane Lynch, Jayma Mays, Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Heather Morris, Matthew Morrison, Amber Riley, Naya Rivera, Mark Salling, Harry Shum Jr., Josh Sussman, Dijon Talton, Iqbal Theba, Jenna Ushkowitz.
- "Modern Family": Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Nolan Gould, Sarah Hyland, Ed O'Neill, Rico Rodriquez, Eric Stonestreet, Sofia Vergara, Ariel Winter.
- "The Office": Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Creed Bratton, Steve Carell, Jenna Fischer, Kate Flanerry, Ed Helms, Mindy Kaling, Ellie Kemper, Angela Kinsy, John Krasinski, Oscar Nunez, Craig Robinson, Phyllis Smith, Rainn Wilson.
SCREEN ACTORS GUILD LIFE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding